Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Other Rpgs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay Ive heard so many people talk about the Final Fantasy that well it seems a little

repetitive to me. The final Fantasy series was good at least until VIII but oh well. Any

way I was wondering if anyone remembers the Legend of Mana series and also the game

Legend of Dragoon. Also if anyone else has an RPG they would like to give credit to

mention them here.
Well, Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite Final fantasy; I?m always a little partial to a love story, hopeless romantic and all. I think my favorite RPG of time has to be Fallout 2. I think I?ve played it like 20 something times because of all the different ways you can play and beat that game. Its design is genius. I also like Xenosaga because of the story. I can?t wait for episode two to come out.
sorry should've been clearer on that FF VIII was ok but IX wasn't that great from what

I've played of it.
Ryo of Inferno Wrote:Okay Ive heard so many people talk about the Final Fantasy that well it seems a little

repetitive to me. The final Fantasy series was good at least until VIII but oh well. Any

way I was wondering if anyone remembers the Legend of Mana series and also the game

Legend of Dragoon. Also if anyone else has an RPG they would like to give credit to

mention them here.

I know what you mean I liked 7-9 then FF10 came out and I was done..Only thing im intrested in seeing from that series is the spin off of FF7...
Lets see...so many RPG's... Xenosaga at the moment I think is the best RPG on PS2, I think its a great game. As for the FF series, I liked 7 and 9 from the recent ones, but thats about it. Panzer Dragoon Saga is a great game that never got its due credit simply because it was on the saturn, that was one of the best RPG's ever. Obviously I could name loads.. Suikoden 2 deserves alot of credit because its fantastic. The Shining Force series and the Phantasy Star series, I like the Wild Arms series, everyone likes and knows about Chrono Trigger. Yes I've played the Legend of Mana games too, I thought they were pretty good. Soliel on the Megadrive was a cool but little known game, just as good as Zelda. And of course the brilliant Langrisser series of tactical RPG's.

Anyway, I could go on for ages...so I'll stop now. If your looking for recommendations for recent RPG's then I would get Xenosaga, Wild Arms 3 and I'm currently playing Through Star Ocean, so you should pick that up too.
Chrono Trigger!!!!!!!!!
Phantasy Star 4 on Sega Genesis. My Fave RPG of all time.
I love RPGs. But the Final Fantasy series is far from my favorite. I liked FF6 (FFIII in the U.S.) but after that the games just became too easy.

My favorite titles are older ones for the Playstation.. Persona 2 : Eternal Punishment, Valkyrie Profile, Arc The Lad II (from the Arc The Lad Collection), Xenogears, Suikoden II (good luck getting this one now..)

The PS2 has lots of great recent RPGs. Shin Megami Tensei III, Disgaea : Hour Of Darkness, Shadow Hearts II, Star Ocean 3.