Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fushigi Yuugi Limited Edition Box Set is it worth getting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Read the review of this and it sounds very good and I like the look of the box, just wondering could share their wisdom if it is any good and worth buying??
Absolutely! Buy it! The box is very nice, not very sturdy but sturdy enough. Besides, Fushigi Yuugi is just superb.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Absolutely! Buy it! The box is very nice, not very sturdy but sturdy. Besides, Fushigi Yuugi is just superb.

Thanks will buy it as soon as more funds become available,, already bought Gundam Wing TV, Visions of Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop TV this month, nedd to calm down and wait till next payday
I second it. Fushigi Yuugi is amazing, and all my friends are absolutly addicted to it. Of course, I only own the first boxset (which drives them crazy because its SUCH a cliffhanger) but I've seen the rest, and it's A+!!!
If you're going to get this wonderful series and like having something nice on your shelf for people to look at then this is a good version to pick up.

It does include Eikoden which I consider to be a waste of time but I've heard that there are some people out there who enjoyed it. At the very least, the main story is one of those classic anime that should be on everyones must watch list when learning the different genres of anime.
Well, Eikouden wasn't even written by Yuu Watase, so it's not quite official either.
I'd also like to say, Fushigi Yuugi's FX box may be gorgous, but the MI packaging for the R1 rips is by far hundreds of times better to look at then the box. MI's packaging are absolutely beautiful, while FX's is hideos and generic. Their Box may be better, but IMO the MI set is worth getting with no box just for the better imaging.
Great series, but SUPER cheesy at some parts. I've seen it twice before, and now I've currently gotten my roommate hooked on it too. If you like shows with cliffhanger endings, it's definitely one of those shows.