Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Hostile to newbs or paranoia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it just me or is this place hostile to newbs.Then again Im probably at fault for all the bad things happening around here.
I don't think this site is particularly hostile towards new members.
There are a few people here who have been rather antangonistic lately but the majority of forum members are a welcoming and open bunch who enjoy any new input into our discussions.

Oh wait... what I meant to say is that it's all your fault.
Just kidding... it couldnt' be your fault because you just started posting here.

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Welcome to the boards.
It depends on who you talk to here. A good portion of the people here have no problem with the occasional question that the search option could awnser or the FAQ could awnser because hey we ALL make mistakes. But their is a few that are like sharks in the water when a newbie posts. If you look in the FAQ's and Search for previous posts on questions you might have that might be awnsered already before you post new questions you will be fine
Welcome to the forum. There are lots of nice people here. I actually have been around on a few boards but this one was the best because it was pretty active and the people are pretty cool. There are a select few who are sometimes less nice, but if you don't freak out, then they are pretty cool to you.
Welcom to the forum, hope you have some fun.
I find that people here are mostly hostile to people who ask incredibly stupid questions. By stupid I mean either incredibly pointless, or a question that's been asked hundreds of times in the past or is answered in the FAQ sticky thread. Depending on my mood when I read these posts, I may react either negative or positively, though these days, my mood's been lukewarm at best.

Also, it helps to have practice good spelling and grammar, since typing in net lingo usually makes you appear lazy or uncivilized.
What kind of messed up poll is this? I have never seen any hostillity on these boards. What I do see are alot of smart-ass holier-than-thou newbs, who need to learn their place.
What does it matter?
I voted for the last option, because I don't know what the hell 'hoostile' is.

Basically what everyone is saying is that they're all nice and I'm the one dick on here. Although I haven't been on here as much lately, so maybe someone else has become the 'welcomong commitee' recently.
Welcome and if you take stuff said in forums seriously you need a head check

coz who gives a flying f*ck!
Vicious Wrote:I voted for the last option, because I don't know what the hell 'hoostile' is.

Basically what everyone is saying is that they're all nice and I'm the one dick on here. Although I haven't been on here as much lately, so maybe someone else has become the 'welcomong commitee' recently.
Yeah, at least you are tactful about it most of the time.
As far as being mean to Newbs...ummm...who cares. We were all new at one point, we've been dealt a rash of shit from time to time...wipe your face off and just keep going. It's just a forum, people.
Whahahaha...i just realised that THAT babyeater has finally been banned....Good work Zag!
Give someone an inch and they will take you for a mile. The boards are full of many different type of people. Most of them are good natured with a few quarks. Just post what you know and if you have a certain view please be smart and state your view with tact.
Vicious Wrote:I voted for the last option, because I don't know what the hell 'hoostile' is.

What are we goin' to do for 3 days until the ban is lifted...?
Pages: 1 2