Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Ten geekiest hobbies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I actually wasn't into so much of this stuff before I got married, most of it were hobbies I gave up when I was 15. Once I got a good job and such, then I started back in on video game, rpgs, anime, etc... Poor girl...
takumi25 Wrote:The only downside of being a geek in public is it does affect your ability to get hot chicks (only geeky chicks). Big Grin

HEY!!! Schultz is a geek!! And he's married to a hot, geeky Chick. Smile
hey i only have 1 thing on there that says i am a geek.. so i guess i really am not one then.. but i still think Real life Role Playing is the geekiest.. like these people
http://www.planetradio.net/ogre-battle.large.mpeg
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, i couldn't watch it for more than 2 mins.....almost smashed my screen...
next question? which one?
even before i read it i was going to post dungeons and dragons and starwars/trek
-spike- Wrote:I think computer hacker should be added to that list.

Their not geeky their cool! Haven?t you seen the film Hackers lol? Hacking into top-secret government stuff wearing leopard skin and having a camouflage laptop! Big Grin
I don't think vampirism is geeky. I know a lot of hot gothic girls into that stuff.

Ahahaha, Schultz That video is soooo funny!
lightning bolt
lightning bolt
lightning bolt...

god save us all...
Nina182B Wrote:I don't think vampirism is geeky. I know a lot of hot gothic girls into that stuff.

Ahahaha, Schultz That video is soooo funny!

I knew a lot of really ugly Goth Girls who were into that.
Robojack Wrote:I'm also glad to see that anime isn't on the list. However, the way some people talk about it really scares me. They rave on and on about it, in a really nerdy, please-hit-me kind of tone.

For example, there is this one chunky guy in my university's anime club, he came up to our booth (during club promotion week) and started chattering on and on about how Ranma 1/2 was his favorite anime. That's normally fine, except this guy has a really nerdy high-pitched voice, which was getting on my nerves. Just when I thought the guy was about to leave, he starts singing loudly and off-key the Ranma 1/2 opening theme, in front of everyone! It took every ounce of my willpower not to snap at him to shut up (and possibly alienate any potential new club members nearby, which this guy was doing anyway by singing like that). Surprisingly, I managed a small grin, thanked the guy for showing up, and asked him to move aside so other people can also check out the booth. My fellow club members and I were laughing about that for quite some time.

Needless to say, most anime fans I know aren't this candid with their appreciation of anime. Otherwise, I'd be really, really worried about the reputation of anime in North America.

Yeah I can see why
Ok I have a problem with the list in and of it's self. This not like a top ten list in quarterbacks where i have stats and figures to back my argument, no this list is basing it's geek level on how often you get laid... Man that is sad.

Look I am with kakomu. You are only as geek as you let yourself be. I am a fire fighter in the US military. But to the guys here I am the Computer / Xbox modding guru of the group. I have a level of nerdness that comes with my position in the group. Now there are friends that know of my anime side. But I get no lip from most because they all have a secret geek realm they fall into. Most are Trekies or Star War fans (A few Highlander and Stargate geekies too) So I need not fear them. I think those that go to far just need a new hobbie. Don't give up the things you like to do but have some varietie please.
On one level I agree with Morgy... on another, I take this as I think it was originally intended which is a humorous satire. The author of that article is most likely into a number of those hobbies himself.

Speaking of humour... check out this site http://parody.organique.com/055.html
I think it fits right in with this topic.
Zagatto Wrote:Speaking of humour... check out this site http://parody.organique.com/055.html
I think it fits right in with this topic.
LOL, thats pretty funny, I like the Nofriendo.
Pages: 1 2 3