Import Anime Forums

Full Version: can someone suggest a dark anime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
can anyone suggest an anime i like dark and depressing animes i already have noir,yami no matsuei, lain, and boogiepop phantom
Hellsing
Berserk
Blue Gender
Neon Genesis Evangelion
What about X TV?
amakusa007 Wrote:What about X TV?
ive already seen that one
Berserk! Get it NOW!
Texhnolyze
Avenger
Key the Metal Idol
Grave of the Fireflies
and maybe Naru Taru.

Special recommendation: Kanon (not dark and depressing, but light melancholic)
Blue Gender
Series Experiment Lain
Witch Hunter Robin
Soul Taker
~kirika~ Wrote:can anyone suggest an anime i like dark and depressing animes i already have noir,yami no matsuei, lain, and boogiepop phantom

You want something depressing? Try Saikano! Don't get me wrong, I really liked it but boy is that depressing!
Record of Lodoss War. I think it's a worthy title for "Dark or at least Darker" anime. And Awesome!!!!
Dark...Hmn :eek: Here are some suggestions that I think may qualify as ddark:

-Perfect Blue
-Amon Devilman
-Wicked City
-Blood:The Last Vampire
-AD Police OVA
-Urotsukidoji
-Ichi the Killer

Too bad Domu: The Dreams of Children wasn't made into an anime, it would definately qualfy.
It may not be dark and there are mechs in it, but Gasaraki could suite your taste. Definetely not funny. But a bit more on the political side (and lots of subs to read).
ghostjacker13 Wrote:Dark...Hmn :eek: Here are some suggestions that I think may qualify as ddark:

-Perfect Blue
-Amon Devilman
-Wicked City
-Blood:The Last Vampire
-AD Police OVA
-Urotsukidoji
-Ichi the Killer

Too bad Domu: The Dreams of Children wasn't made into an anime, it would definately qualfy.

I'd say Urotsukidoji is more hentai than dark. Very good hentai though... Big Grin
DARK OSAMU Wrote:Berserk! Get it NOW!
Preach It

Nuff said Cool
It's not dark, but Barefoot Gen is certainly sad. Which may count as depressing. Might be hard to find though, I know the manga is. Just in case it hasn't been said enough, Beserk.
Pages: 1 2