Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Import bootlegs, I am very impressed,
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just found out all the anime series I had bought on EBAY were bootlegs, did'nt realise, I know it sounds stupid but they look like someone has actually put effort into the production, printed disks and covers etc, I don't mind really because they look nice and play fine and get much enjoyment out of it, my only concern is that there are hundreds of these sets being sold on ebay, they could at least say they are bootlegs but then I suppose they would get booted, The give away when I realised they were not company produced was when I got outlaw star and the Manga International sign and yahoo email address came up in the first episode kind of annoyed me but at least they put it in the first few seconds of the episode, anyway, I am happy to have found this site because I quite like the bootlegged perfect collections and think that most of them have better boxes etc than the commercial ones, anyway to cut a long story short

Hello everyone !!
Hey man. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I had no idea I was buying bootlegs on ebay and was very pissed when I found out. Then I found this site and started buying from here. I don't mind the bootlegs too much, but ebay sellers really, really really piss me off when they make them sound like R1's.
LOL Same shit happened to me a long time back...But even when I found out I didnt really care all that much since after shipping for the most expensive one I paid about $30 and hell thanks to those sets..I found this site after looking up FX...Forgot the entire search thing though but I know that was a part of it oh well...Don't feel bad happened to two others...Difference was the seller of one of the sets sent me a note that said what it was...
All I got told was that it looked different to the picture, but I was only told this after I bought it!.
I mean there is probably hundreds of people buying these sets and not knowing they are HK's
sk1nd0g Wrote:All I got told was that it looked different to the picture, but I was only told this after I bought it!.
I mean there is probably hundreds of people buying these sets and not knowing they are HK's

Yup ive learned the difference since than...I know a local resell store that fell for HKs of a few series...One was El Hazard the Wanderers and the other was some Tekkaman set I believe
I guess I was lucky when I got into HKs. I knew from the begining since my dad has been buying HK samurai movies for a couple of years before. but yeah, for most I can't event tell the difference in video quality or sound. Maybe I'm ignorant, but w/e.
ArkaidR Wrote:I guess I was lucky when I got into HKs. I knew from the begining since my dad has been buying HK samurai movies for a couple of years before. but yeah, for most I can't event tell the difference in video quality or sound. Maybe I'm ignorant, but w/e.

It's not ignorant at all because from the two I have seen there is no real difference...My niece bought crappily done set not a HK though obviously home made because the labels are just like the ones I make...She hates em now...I shoulda known it was a little weird but even when I found out I still didnt care it made no real differnece to me just saved me space and gave me a lot better price...One that I could afford
Puppet Master Wrote:Yup ive learned the difference since than...I know a local resell store that fell for HKs of a few series...One was El Hazard the Wanderers and the other was some Tekkaman set I believe

Ya I got a free Jo Jo dvd 'cuz I told a local used dvd store they bought a bootleg.
Cidien Wrote:Ya I got a free Jo Jo dvd 'cuz I told a local used dvd store they bought a bootleg.

Yeah I saw that a while back lol...I found it funny that it was not long after you said that...It's bizzare like the next day I went there and sure enough they ended up with that HK tekkaman set LOL
Puppet Master Wrote:Yeah I saw that a while back lol...I found it funny that it was not long after you said that...It's bizzare like the next day I went there and sure enough they ended up with that HK tekkaman set LOL

Crazy, lol. Maybe you can tell 'em to give it to you and you won't call the police. =P Heheh, i'm just kidding.
Shut the fuck up, the DVDs here are bootlegs? I never knew that.