Import Anime Forums

Full Version: I have a question, are people that stupid?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I have been thinking about this for awhile now and I just cant figure it out. Do people really believe that everyone that lives in Alaska lives in an igloo? Whenever I tell someone that I was born in Alaska, they always say "really, did you live in an igloo?" Then I just roll my eyes and shake my head in dismay. Is it just me or are people really that stupid. Oh and incase your wondering, i wasnt born in an igloo, i was born in a regular house like most of the population of Alaska.
Some of my friends from New York thought EVERYONE in texas rides horses.
Well I think that Bush is...Oh wait, this isn't a political thread :o

In my country we don't associate Alaska with igloo's. Alaska is just like Canada isn't it? Igloo's and Eskimo's live on the North Pole as far as I know. Maybe you look like an eskimo? You don't wear real bear skins do you because that could be the reason? Big Grin
My friends here in Canada do a fair amount of travelling down to the US for tournaments and we've made a bit of a game of spreading disinformation to Americans just for fun.

One of my favourites is telling people about snow ants. It makes sense that with people down south having fire ants that we should have snow ants. If they believe that then we start talking about how they mate and create steam ants. It's all a lot of fun.

Then there are the moose hatcheries... and the polar bear hunts in downtown Toronto... and... and... and...
Zagatto Wrote:My friends here in Canada do a fair amount of travelling down to the US for tournaments and we've made a bit of a game of spreading disinformation to Americans just for fun.

One of my favourites is telling people about snow ants. It makes sense that with people down south having fire ants that we should have snow ants. If they believe that then we start talking about how they mate and create steam ants. It's all a lot of fun.

Then there are the moose hatcheries... and the polar bear hunts in downtown Toronto... and... and... and...

That is so great. We had some canadians come to my high school when I was a junior, not sure why, but we had to interview them for French Class. They anwsered all my questions far to seriously, if they anwsered like you it would have been far more interesting. I asked about moose, they failed to mention the hatcheries though.
When I went to alaska a month or two ago to visit my brother up in Anchorage, we found all sorts of t-shirts with jokes like that on them as souvenirs... I have to admit I bought a few and I love the looks and comments I get about them! Big Grin I bought a children's book up there for my sister that I saw at the train station that was titled, "It's so cold your snoogies freeze, who would want to live here?" That's one of those things you just can't walk by!!! Big Grin Big Grin
elcoholic Wrote:Well I think that Bush is...Oh wait, this isn't a political thread :o

In my country we don't associate Alaska with igloo's. Alaska is just like Canada isn't it? Igloo's and Eskimo's live on the North Pole as far as I know. Maybe you look like an eskimo? You don't wear real bear skins do you because that could be the reason? Big Grin

Same thing here in Portugal. Nobody in it's right mind would think that just because someone is from Alaska he/she lives in an Igloo. Rolleyes
People think were a bunch of rednecks without electricity riding around in horse and carriage up here in North Dakota. lol It's always fun leading people on.... =P
Andromeda18_ Wrote:Same thing here in Portugal. Nobody in it's right mind would think that just because someone is from Alaska he/she lives in an Igloo. Rolleyes
Well, I guess many people from the US are just ignorant. Many people also dont know that Alaska is way bigger than Texas. If Alaska where put on top of the US it would reach from one end of the US to the other, but thats including the islands and stuff.

Heres a picture.
http://www.ltia.lynden.com/ltia/images/hbia.jpg
I live in Nebraska so, when people ask me what I do up there. I reply, "Go to work, school, and the ocassional hanging out with friend. We go cow tipping and also drive our tractors to McDonalds". It gives me a laugh. * LAUGH *
Yo answer the original question - Yes, people are that stupid.

Andromeda, if that's who I think it is in you avatar, I like it. She was my favorite character in GTO.
I convinced this one girl in my geometry class that the communist party was the same thing as the republican party! I then made fun of her intelligence for around a week until she told the teacher and now i sit by myself... Sad
Atomic Orgasm, your location is spelled "San Antonio, Texas"!
guitarshredder Wrote:Atomic Orgasm, your location is spelled "San Antonio, Texas"!

Do I even need to make a comment on this statement? Rolleyes

You do also know that he's not really "like god, only cooler" also right? Perhaps you can correct him on that one in your next post.
Vicious Wrote:Do I even need to make a comment on this statement? Rolleyes

You do also know that he's not really "like god, only cooler" also right? Perhaps you can correct him on that one in your next post.

Well that is obvious because everyone knows that i am cooler than atomic!
Pages: 1 2