Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What makes an anime club fun and interesting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do you guys/girls think about this? Cause I need suggestions!! :confused:
All i remember from the club I belonged to in high school was that we spent a lot of time just watching anime during lunch time at school.

But basically just hanging out with people who like anime and having discusssions with them about anything anime makes it interesting.

Of course, it never hurts when they have a contest for prizes or competitions. Big Grin
Yeah I know! ;_;. So is watching anime at school a lot, fun to some people, or could it just too boring for others.
Do a once a week or two movie night type thing where everybody can get together watch anime, snack on food everyone puts in for. so on and so forth. I have one at my college that once every two weeks we have a friday or saturday night that goes 6-10. Something that might keep things from getting stale is mixing anime movies with series and try it on an episodal type viewing so you don't say watch Outlaw star ect for 4 hours, you could try also try an open suggestion type thing were members bring in titles no one else has seen so people get exposed to new titles.
our club was open to any member bringing in anime without prior notice

I remember my club most of the time just showed Cardcaptors Sakura, Slayers, and Sorcerer Hunters, because it was often the same girl who brought it.

One person showed Princess Monoke and I brought in Street Fighter Alpha The Movie.

But Yes , allowing variety helps make anime clubs interesting
Our university's anime club, is known as "Project A: The UTSC Anime Club", and run by myself and a couple other students. I'm not president (nor would I want such responsiblities), but I am in a role where I get an equal voice in what we should show each time we meet up. I've found that people enjoy meeting up during the events and just talking about anime in general. Even if they've seen the stuff we're showing, they'll show up and watch it anyway. I guess it's nice to dwell amongst people who have a similar interest, particularly one as interesting as anime. We currently have about 120 members, and we try to meet twice a month.
Well, I had talked about starting an anime club at my college, but someone jumped the gun and started one already. They call it the anime gamers club. The first meeting is tommorow, so im going to go check it out.
If you have a club at a college, and they activities board is expecting you to do somthing for the school, I would suggest a DDR party. We needed to draw attention to the club, and prove that we are good for more than sitting in our meeting room making noise and pissing off public safety. So we borrowed a projector and some speakers from the AV people, hooked them up to a PS2 with some soft pads and a copy of DDR Max in the student center. We had alot of people standing around watching, a few brave enough to get up and try, and the Student Activities Board loved us because we everyone was paying attention to us and haveing fun. Instead of sitting around doing nothing but waiting untill class. The event ran 3 hours extra, untill the AV people needed to get the equipment back so they could go home.
Well, I just got back from our first meeting, and its sounds pretty fun. Some things we are thinking about doing: raising money so we can go to cons, have game competitions such as DDR and others, just play games, and ofcourse watch anime. We watched the first episode of Hellsing today. Oh and the best thing is, we meet in the movie screeing room, huge screen and surround sound.
Right now, our club has only 20 people. But I think I might try the DDR idea.
However, I hate the restrictions we have, like we can't show anime with tons of Language in it or Nudity X.x. I am like wtf, everyone has cussed before and they have also seen nudity before. It is not such a big deal. But if we don't follow the rules: "YOUR CLUB IS CLOSED" will be yelled right into my face. I hate my highschool
-_-
Stripers, hoes and bitches.
and some good anime if there is time.

-LE