Import Anime Forums

Full Version: GTO Live Action Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
anyone seen this shit? its god damn ace!!! so much better than the anime and almost on par with the manga, every GTO fan should definately see it!!!

btw if youve seen all then which did you prefere? now discuss!
Hell yeah!!

The GTO live action series is the greatest thing ever. Blows away the anime and manga. Yes, everyone must watch this show, I recommend it all the time to everyone, anime fan or not and those who take up my recommendation love it.

I haven't seen the movie but I heard that wasn't too good.
I found the live action very tame. I prefer the manga many times more than the anime or live action dramas.
the problem with the live action is that its very cheesey but in a good way, opposed to the manga which is much funnier and cruder and the anime is a bit shit because its just a tamer version of the manga, well those are my thoughts anyway.

matthewmalay, i just watched the movie and it was great!!! not as good as the series but great none the less, if you pm me your address ill post you it on cd (avi), if you want
But the crude comedy is what I really loved about the GTO series in general, which is why I enjoyed the manga more than the other two incarnations.
I have not seen the live action, I own the anime series on dvd and I have up to #19 of the manga. I enjoy the manga alot. I want to get some more of the series soon so that I can finish it. I would like to see the live action, but I dont know if I will any time soon.
I think more Japanese watched the last episode of GTO live action, then most Americans watched the last episode of MASH.
sanosuke Wrote:matthewmalay, i just watched the movie and it was great!!! not as good as the series but great none the less, if you pm me your address ill post you it on cd (avi), if you want

I'll give it a shot then, thanks for the offer but I can just go and rent the DVD.

Is the cast the same though? I know the guy who played Onizuka in the series has the same role in the movie but what about the other cast?
My first exposure to GTO was the live series, only saw the first 4 episodes. At first I thought it was really cheesy but I got used to it. And the main character guy is pretty cute Smile
matthewmalay Wrote:I'll give it a shot then, thanks for the offer but I can just go and rent the DVD.

Is the cast the same though? I know the guy who played Onizuka in the series has the same role in the movie but what about the other cast?
onizuka is the only character from the series in the movie, definately a bad thing but the movie still rocks!

the last episode of GTO was the most watched tv event in the history of japan, until they aired spirited away which over 60% of japan watched, i think
I guess I can say I am not a big fan of taking a Manga or anime and turing it into a LA series or movie. Just not my preferance
As usual i prefer the manga over the anime and the anime over the live action series. It seems to get diluted the further it gets from manga. Or it might be that i find Japanese TV series are quite tame usually.
I'm a huge fan of GTO! If Onizuka was a real man I just might fall in love with him. :p
Anyway, I have the anime, the movie, the live action series and the manga. I only have up to volume 16 of the manga but I absolutely love it. It's the manga I like the most but I really enjoyed the anime and the live action series. Onizuka is, in my opinion, the perfect hero for the new millenia. A normal human being, with flaws like it's normal for a human being to have but a fair and honest friend who is always there to help his friends.
I?ve looked and looked for the live action series, all I can ever find is the movie. Where did all you guys find it?
you can download it via bittorrent here:
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/107.html
Pages: 1 2