Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Paper against Bush
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
kakomu from the last post I had back and forth with you last night how did the thread so down hill so bad. I understand having opinions toward others things. But some of these other posts after you and my conversation from a handful of others just are no were near political debating.
kakomu Wrote:Also, if you were to threaten ME face to face, I would fuck you up.

So, is that the way you work? If someone threatens you then you will promise violence? I am curious how you reconcile that mentality with your political convictions. You claim to love Carter who is a champion for world peace but you show little in your own personal behavior to emulate peaceful values.
kakomu Wrote:I'm refering to cidien, since he was the one making threats. I don't give a rat's ass about babyeater.

LOL, ok. Im done with this thread anyway, Im sorry I started it in the first place. I wanted it to stay on topic, but looks like that didnt happen. Im turing in my paper and talking about the subject in class tommorw. So whatever happens, happens.
rarnom Wrote:So, is that the way you work? If someone threatens you then you will promise violence? I am curious how you reconcile that mentality with your political convictions. You claim to love Carter who is a champion for world peace but you show little in your own personal behavior to emulate peaceful values.

Because me threatening to fuck someone up if he threatens me is far different than waging war on a global basis that involves innocents and collatoral damage. It's a fist fight (where I would obviously win) vs global nuclear end. You're right, that's not different at all! I'm such a hypocrite! Rolleyes
actually, threatening to respond to violence with violence is exactly how things escalate... especially if you are saying you will "fuck someone up" just for threatening you.

That sounds a lot like Bush attacking Iraq due to the threat of WMDs.
There was no attack from Iraq to provoke an invasion. It was just the threat of WMDs that mobilized the allied forces agains Saddam.

I guess if we look up to our world leaders then this is the right approach to take.
If you cant talk it out, beat it out!!!!
kakomu Wrote:Because me threatening to fuck someone up if he threatens me is far different than waging war on a global basis that involves innocents and collatoral damage. It's a fist fight (where I would obviously win) vs global nuclear end. You're right, that's not different at all! I'm such a hypocrite! Rolleyes

You still haven't answered my question. How do you reconcile an attitude of violence as a means to solve 'threats' when you claim to hate war? No matter what you hear from the left or the right, if there was a 'threat' of WMD's, then they acted. Yes, it does suck that it turned out to be wrong. But it is the same as if you thought someone threatened you, had your mature 'fist fight' and then found out you were wrong. As I see it you ARE wrong and you ARE a hypocrite. If you hate Bush's war, then you also have to hate violence in all its forms, you can't have any credibility by living a double standard. If you really feel that peace is the answer and war is evil, then your personal behavior would reflect that, but it doesn't.

And, I am also curious, did you feel Clinton was out of line when he had his troop kill Christian Serbs on the behalf of Albanian Muslims? Did you feel he was out of line when he promised to bring home the troops after a year and didn't keep his promise? Or is that 'different'?
-spike- Wrote:If you cant talk it out, beat it out!!!!
Can you imagine if the debates included a 'boxing' portion? That would be ratings through the roof!!!
That would raise Arnold's chances of being elected to higher political offices. Same goes for Jesse Ventura. I can just see a house of commons filled with wrestlers posturing at the front screaming about health care and education.
rarnom Wrote:Can you imagine if the debates included a 'boxing' portion? That would be ratings through the roof!!!

That would be pretty funny, BUSH Vs. KERRY. The light weight match of the century.
Zagatto Wrote:That would raise Arnold's chances of being elected to higher political offices.

Godforbid. I still dont know how he become governor.
Because he was King Fucking Conan!!!!
On a completely unrelated note, I'm pretty sure when someone claims that they will "fuck someone up", they're by default not even remotely capable of fucking a senior citizen up.

It's like walking around talking about how "extreme" or "hardcore" you are...

I'm sure I read that in a physics textbook.. and you can't argue with the laws of physics.
rarnom Wrote:As I see it you ARE wrong and you ARE a hypocrite. If you hate Bush's war, then you also have to hate violence in all its forms, you can't have any credibility by living a double standard. If you really feel that peace is the answer and war is evil, then your personal behavior would reflect that, but it doesn't.

Rarnom, your anaolgy is way beyond ridiculous. Are you seriously claiming that a fist fight between two college boys and a war between two countries are equivalent in principle?
Zagatto Wrote:That would raise Arnold's chances of being elected to higher political offices. Same goes for Jesse Ventura. I can just see a house of commons filled with wrestlers posturing at the front screaming about health care and education.

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I would love to see politicians hitting each other with steel chairs and ladders. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9