Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Tales Of Symphonia ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I took a look around the net a bit to see if I could awnser this question and didn't come up with heads or tales on this. During the intro sequence of the game. It looks very much like an anime title. I wanted to know if this was exclusively made for the game or was taken from a movie or series that is out or due to come out ??
Its exclusively made for the game, character designs by none other than Kosuke Fujishma (Ah My Goddess! You're Under Arrest, Tales of Phantasia). The only tales game that was ever animated was Tales of Eternia (Tales of Destiny 2 here in the states).
Thanks on that, its a shame though, seeing that intro makes you wish that their was more to it.
It is beautifully done. I agree with you, Mantis, I wish there was more to it also.
Granted I know alot of other video games that were turned into anime were flops. But after seeing just the intro from Tales of Symphonia. Does anyone think their would be much interest to at least get a anime movie from the game story???
Not really. There are much better games to make animes out of. Symphonia had a really bland and cliched story, and the music was Motoi Sakuraba's worst, next to Eternia. It's a great game if you own a Gamecube (but then there's not many to choose from), though next to other PS2 RPGs, it's nothing to sneeze at. You pretty much own the wrong system if you want lots of quality Japanese RPGs.

I much rather that animes be made of games such as Star Ocean 3 or Valkyrie Profile (two of Tri-Ace's flagship titles), both of which had extremely unique storylines and fantastically composed musical scores by Motoi Sakuraba (particularly Valkyrie Profile). If you've never played games such as Xenogears, FF Tactics, or the forementioned titles, then you've really missed out on a lot. Play those games, then compare them to Symphonia, then you'll know what I mean..
the ps2 may have loads of japanese rpgs but how many of them show any development since the good old days of the snes? final fantasy hasnt improved since its snes debue in like 92 or whatever, infact theyve got increasingly worse since 7, 6 being the pincle of the series in my opinion. the only rpgs worth owning a ps2 for are the xenosaga series and the new star ocean, personally i think tales of symphonia, while not being incredably original in its own rite, wipes the floor with 95% of ps2 rpgs, but then again this is merely my opinion and id take zelda over all of them any day of the week!
I agree and disagree. Many games on PS2 have not fully taken advantage of 3D graphics. On the other hand, the ones that have usually sacrifice something in return, and that something is often storyline, plot, or character development. Symphonia suffers from this problem, as well as many PS2 RPGs. However, there are many RPGs which focus beautifully on substance first, and eye-appeal second. The problem is, most (if not all) of these RPGs are on the PS2.

Symphonia reminds me of all of its predecessors, being very mediocre in every category, and almost an afterthought many respects. But still, RPGs plots and character developments may have reached its pinnacle on the original PSX, with titles such as Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile displaying much more depth in stories and character development than even Final Fantasy VI on the Super Famicom. So again, if haven't played them, you really haven't experienced Japanese RPGs at their best. Just because they weren't mainstream in North America, does not mean that they weren't grossly popular in Japan, where it really all matters.
Well my original post wasent really asking if symphonia is good or bad as a game but my intrest was in the anime style intro sequence. I personally think it is a really cool intro sequence music and all and will their was more to it
Many RPGs have anime intro sequences, and most of them don't have full-length animes series. Don't always assume that just because a game has an anime intro, that there's an entire series that goes along with it. Only a few games get such an honor.
Robojack Wrote:But still, RPGs plots and character developments may have reached its pinnacle on the original PSX, with titles such as Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile displaying much more depth in stories and character development than even Final Fantasy VI on the Super Famicom

You are fucking kidding yourself on that one. Locke alone from FF6 has more character development than all of the characters in Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile put together. RPGs are becoming more and more like sport games, you have buy the recent update every six months and the companies have you fooled into thinking, that you are not playing the same game over and over again!!!
Robojack Wrote:Many RPGs have anime intro sequences, and most of them don't have full-length animes series. Don't always assume that just because a game has an anime intro, that there's an entire series that goes along with it. Only a few games get such an honor.

I wasent assuming anything with my original question. I was askig if anyone knew any info if their was any plans concerning if their was or was going to be a anime conected to the intro sequence of Symphonia. And yes I do know Game Cube has a sparce number of non Zelda RPGs but that was not my question.
For me the story of Tales of Destiny was amazing, and yes I have played other rpgs, I think 95% of all my games are rpgs
evilomar Wrote:You are fucking kidding yourself on that one. Locke alone from FF6 has more character development than all of the characters in Xenogears and Valkyrie Profile put together. RPGs are becoming more and more like sport games, you have buy the recent update every six months and the companies have you fooled into thinking, that you are not playing the same game over and over again!!!
indeed locke was a true legend! perhaps still my favorite character from any video game ever! Big Grin

..... and i also agree with basically everything else you said

btw does anyone know if star ocean is as good as the mags are makin out?