Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Half.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone ever used half.com? The sellers there never seem to describe their item so you never know if you are getting legit stuff or basement made bootlegs like r00ster got. Anyone ever made dvd purchases there? They few things i've noticed that have descriptions generally describe a bootleg but try to make it sound like it's legit and show the legit picture. I kind of want to buy Steam Detectives sometime but they don't tell you anything about 'em there. =/
I've bought a lot of textbooks and dvds from Half.com.
Generally, if it's bootleg, you could easily spot it coz the price is low compared to the originals. If you are unsure, either ask the seller or don't buy it.
General rule: If the seller do not reply your messages, don't buy from him/her. If you want to take the risk, by all means.
Look at the sellers' feedbacks. If there are excessive negs, if you have the time, look at some of them. They'll tell you if it's to do with delivery or bootlegs.

Half.com is slightly safer than Ebay if it makes you feel safer. I looked at Steam Detective. From what I see, they are originals. Bootlegs usually exist in complete boxsets.
I am a little more worried about them now since r00ster got ripped off by a guy that looked like he was selling legits but was selling basement made crap.
Eh.....dunno about others but my rule of the thumb: If sellers do not reply to questions, don't buy from them.
I tend to ask 2 or 3 sellers the same time. Whoever replies to me, if the answer is what I wanted, I buy from that seller. I'd rather buy the more expensive dvd from the seller who's selling R1s than get the cheaper one only to realise it's bootleg.
Good tips Japschin. I've bought from half.com for dvd's and books. And everything turned out well. I would never buy from those who don't reply back to my e-mails!!