Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Couple questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gonna combine two questions into one thread.

1) Does anyone know how to ban a user from bidding on an auction of yours again? Having a problem with one certain jerk who the owner claims doesn't know who is using his account...

2) I just bought a region free dvd player off ebay tonight. I've read things before stating that to play dvd's from other regions you need a different tv as well not just a dvd player that's region free. Anyone know anything about this? If it does need a special tv anyone know where they can be found? If I need a special tv it may be a long time before I can get one but I kinda want one because there have been times when i've wanted to buy an australian or british release of something because it was much easier to find and in most cases cheaper. (The Bunker is a great example, very hard to find on R1 compared to british release) I've even wanted a couple Japanese release dvd's before too. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
The region free DVD players are built for either NTSC TVs or PAL TVs. Considering the DVDs you bought are R1, I'm going to guess you're in America, meaning you need an NTSC all-region DVD player.

THe TVs you'd need aren't so much "Special" as just a different standard. However, all-region DVD players are able to play PAL, NTSC and SECAM. If the DVD player you bought is for PAL TVs, I doubt you'd be able to use it in America without both a power convertor (110v -> 120v) and a signal convertor (Pal -> NTSC).

Just make sure they specify which country to use it in.