Import Anime Forums

Full Version: I was ripped off by Manga Entertainment
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought the first GITS Standalone complex DVD, and I just picked up the second. I watch this series in Japanese. The first had 5.1 and Stereo for both English and Japanese. The back of this box said 5.1 English and Japanese Audio. But surprise surprise, the DVD only has DTS Japanese and Stereo English, which means they just fucked my ass since I cannot watch it in Japanese. Motherfuckers. This is outrageous. How dare they fucking slip me a DTS disc while LYING on the cover.
This is only another reason to let these asshole companies go fuck themselves and buy HK bootlegs or download fansubs.
I might sound like an asshole, but put yourself in my position. How would you feel if you had been fucking scammed by a so called legitimate DVD company? I also had to pay the exorbitant import prices for this because I live in Hong Kong, and the DVD is from the states. What assholes. I'm never buying jack from them if I can help it. Do they expect me to go buy their ridiculous "special edition" which gives you the same disc TWICE, once in DTS and once in normal?
Assholes.
They're not 'fucking criminals', but you are a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They made a mistake. If you bothered to do even a little bit of research rather than bitching to us about it, you'd know this. The 2 discs got mislabeled, thus leading them to be mispackaged. They already said they'll replace them. But I'm sure a fucking idiot like you is too stupid to figure out how to get a replacement.

So continue to sit there and whine and cry like the little bitch you are.
Vicious Wrote:They're not 'fucking criminals', but you are a fucking idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They made a mistake. If you bothered to do even a little bit of research rather than bitching to us about it, you'd know this. The 2 discs got mislabeled, thus leading them to be mispackaged. They already said they'll replace them. But I'm sure a fucking idiot like you is too stupid to figure out how to get a replacement.

So continue to sit there and whine and cry like the little bitch you are.

The thing is, I live in Hong Kong, and I doubt they're going to replace my disc for me while I'm half way across the fucking globe. So I'm fucked, because they sent a mislabeled disc halfway across the globe to me (Well to the store I bought it from) and now I'm stuck with it.
That makes them assholes because they screwed me out of my money for a product that's worthless to me.
Ok, look, I overreacted. I was really angry because I had been waiting for a month for the DVD. And it was overpriced when I bought it, what with it being an import and all.
I just want to get my money's worth. I bought it at HMV in Hong Kong. Is there any way at all I could get a replacement?
Mistakes happen. They didn't do it on purpose. Only the really early batches were affected. And they recalled any copies that hadn't been shipped out so they could fix the problem. I haven't gotten my copy from TRSI because of this. It was reserved for me, but it's apparent they sent it back so I could have a fixed copy.

The SE version is messed up too, but not as bad. The SE version comes with both discs, so the only thing messed up is the discs are labeled incorrectly. The regular version only comes with the 1 disc. So it comes with the opposite disc, since they packaged them according to the labels.
Vicious Wrote:Mistakes happen. They didn't do it on purpose. Only the really early batches were affected. And they recalled any copies that hadn't been shipped out so they could fix the problem. I haven't gotten my copy from TRSI because of this. It was reserved for me, but it's apparent they sent it back so I could have a fixed copy.

The SE version is messed up too, but not as bad. The SE version comes with both discs, so the only thing messed up is the discs are labeled incorrectly. The regular version only comes with the 1 disc. So it comes with the opposite disc, since they packaged them according to the labels.

So is there any way I could get a replacement from here, Hong Kong, or am I fucked?
Only way to find out, email them via their webform.

http://www.manga.com/
Japschin Wrote:Only way to find out, email them via their webform.

http://www.manga.com/

It was a joint release by Manga and Bandai. The guys at the AoD forum are mostly blaming Bandai, so he might have to email them.

Not sure why he bought it from HMV? in the first place. TRSI does international shipping I believe. I would've just gotten it from there.
Then contact Bandai.
http://www.bandai-ent.com/contact/

Bandai has pretty good customer service. Most likely they will reply as soon as they can, if Sam's mail doesn't end up in the bulk/spam folder.

He didn't order from TRSI maybe because he didn't know about TRSI or maybe he didn't want to wait for an international package to come?
Vicious Wrote:It was a joint release by Manga and Bandai. The guys at the AoD forum are mostly blaming Bandai, so he might have to email them.

Not sure why he bought it from HMV? in the first place. TRSI does international shipping I believe. I would've just gotten it from there.

Because I don't have a credit card (17 years old) and I think the cost would work out around the same when you calculate TSRI's S&H charges. Also, there's no telling how long it'd take, while HMV had it on their shelves.
I sent Bandai an email. I hope they can help me out.
Maybe it's time for a new DVD player that can decode DTS. You can get one pretty cheap.
matthewmalay Wrote:Maybe it's time for a new DVD player that can decode DTS. You can get one pretty cheap.

My DVD player can decode DTS, it's just that I don't have the speakers on my TV. There's no sound when I put DTS on.
I do 5.1 on my computer. Wait, could I move my 5.1 speakers to my TV to make DTS work? DTS works through the same speaker setup, doesn't it?
Stupid question. Tired of doing google searches tonight so maybe someone will be in a good mood and answer lol. What's the point of DTS? What is it? Going to go look if my region free dvd player can play them... how can I tell if my tv can play the audio also? Thanks.

The dvd player listing sayd:

DTS® Pass-Through

I'm guessing this means that it can play dts? Here's a link to the player I bought.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...RK:MEWN:IT
Cant you like downsample DTS to stereo in the settings of the player? I dont have any speaker set up but I can still hear DTS. Also you do have a right to be pissed off. How many people moan and bitch when FX makes a mistake? You bought official stuff and still got a fucked up disc, you have a right to voice you're anger...
Pages: 1 2