Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Red dvd's?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone gotten red R1 dvd's before? The first two dvd's in my yu yu hakusho spirit detective saga boxset were red instead of the normal silverish.

Also, has anyone gotten cheap boxsets before? What I mean is they aren't the normal high quality carboard, but instead the flimsy stuff you can put together and take apart easily. My spirit detective set is like that as well as my now and then, here and there set and my kino's journey set. Just think it's odd they change the quality of boxes. The kino's journey I got from rightstuf.com so I know they aren't high quality bootlegs or anything but it is kind of odd. Especially when the Dark Tournament saga I got in the same shipment as the spirit detective saga is a higher quality box.
Does no one know anything about either the red dvd's or the more crappily made box sets? I'm sure some of you at least know what i'm talking about with the box sets.
not to excite you that some one has replied to your post but....

i have not seen any red dvds. jusdt silver, gold and dark gold. and about box sets being realy cheaply made havent seen any maybcause i dont buy box sets well only 2 : Outlaw Star, and His and Her circomstances. and both of those are great and really well made.

sorry.

-LE
I have both of those too and they both have nice boxes for me also. Thanks for the reply, letting me know there are gold dvd's helps me out a bit too as i've never seen those myself. Those red dvd's look so strange though... lol. Would look pretty cool if all the dvd's are like that, but with only a few looking like that they are kinda out of place.
Well still don't know anything about the red dvd's. (strange yet cool... lol) but I just went to Media Play to see what kind of boxes they have and they display the same crappy boxes I have. Every crappy box I have is in stock there and every one is crappy like mine. Emailed ADV last night asking why some boxes are nice and some suck. Will post a reply here for those who care (if any).
Ive seen coloured dvds before... Its just a gimmick but they can look cool... Cant give any specific examples though...
I have a black DVD. It was solid black with no prisms until I recorded onto it and then it got these deep purple prisms throughout the disc. It's pretty cool lookin and it seems to work ok. I don't see any difference between the silver ones... except that they're a little thicker. But that's good in my mind. I've had a bad habit of accidentally breaking my discs. Big Grin
http://www.prdomain.com/companies/g/ge/n...astics.htm

Think this is the reason why u got red dvds.