Import Anime Forums

Full Version: iPod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yay, I'm finally getting my iPod in a few days.

So, what resources do you people use on iPod info and programs?

What advice do you guys have? Etc.
I just received my 4G 20 Gb Ipod a week ago and I love it, it's the best investment I've ever made. I usually go to ipodlounge.com for news and reviews on products and good ol' apple.com for the ipod updater software. I've also found itunes to be a much more efficient music player than winamp or musicmatch. Anyway, if you want accessories (like a skin or something because these babies stratch really easily) I'd go to iskin.com for skins and the apple store for other cool things like the dock or itrip.
I think you misconstrue the word "efficient". While it may be useful for setting up playlists easily, it's no where near as efficient or easy to use as a plain music player as winamp.
I wouldn't call winamp a "plain" player, not with the new version 5.05 and the features that I never use like visualizations or integrated tv and radio. Not to *edit* mention modern skins. Aesthetically winamp may be nicer or cooler looking, but when you just want good ol music there's nothing easier and faster than adding files to your library and playing them and making playlists.
I'm plenty happy with my iRiver IMP-550 CD/mp3 player. Its remote beats the crap out of Apple's anyday, hands down. Plus the OGG Vorbis support doesn't hurt either.
Robojack Wrote:I'm plenty happy with my iRiver IMP-550 CD/mp3 player. Its remote beats the crap out of Apple's anyday, hands down. Plus the OGG Vorbis support doesn't hurt either.

that's wonderful, but if you notice in my post, I didn't mention that I was receiving an iRiver this week, but rather an iPod.

When I said "plain" I wasn't talking about form, but rather the function of the player. Add music into a linear playlist, hit play and it play in order, his shuffle and it plays out of order.