Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Another Anime Network in North America
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hot off the press 2 days ago. well its news to me and its great news a new network for anime that will actually be avaible not like the anime network where it isnt avaible everywhere. Well here is the story:

Sony and Comcast have signed a deal to launch at least three new cable TV networks in North America.

Animax was mentioned by insiders as a network that could be offered to North Americans. AXN and Sony Entertainment TV were also mentioned. All three of the networks are already available in South America.

Sony is reported by the Financial Times to be "keen" to launch an American version of Animax, a network specializing in animated content. In addition to Japan and South America, there are Animax networks for Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Asia, and India.

Animax's tag line is "Anime for Everyone." The company's catalog of titles includes Stand Alone Complex, Gokusen, Dr. Dokkiri, Inuyasha, Astro Boy as well as classics such as Mobile Suit Gundam, Little Princess Sarah and Rose of Versailles.

-LE
That's great news, but it would be awesome if that network would be available in Eastern Canada... we ain't getting anything good around here
i want it bad.
so i have options all i have right now for anime is my dvds, cartoon network, and G4Tech TV. i cant believe no one else is siked about this network.

-LE
Wow, sounds like you are excited about it. I can't wait either, so when is this suppose to happen?
Sounds like a good deal to me now all they need to do is bring it on over. Wink
yeah i hope it is verry soon.

ill look into it some more tomorrow.

-LE
Sounds good, too bad it will never come to where I live Sad
is it only for comcast or all the cable providers
looks just like comcast and maybe another if they are partners with sony. cause those are the two main partners in this channel.

-LE
The only thing that will get me psyched about any of these anime networks is when they offer 24-hour Japanese-audio-only with English subtitles.

Then they will have gotten my attention. Big Grin
why dont you just go to streaming websites and do it for free thats a good idea if you only like subbed stuff. winamp offers alot of that i have sen only subbed stuff on there and its free.

Also Animax is a channel in Japan a top one for showing anime so maybe this will come here hopefully soon.

-LE
Thanks for the idea, but I'm not interested in streaming video.

Regarding bringing (more) anime to broadcast television, I'd love to see them offer subbed versions, at least during part of the broadcast 24-hour schedule.

If Animax comes to North America and shows subbed episodes on television, that would be great.

Also, not everyone uses winamp; some people prefer Macs. Wink Big Grin