Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Hello... questions from Sweden
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello im new here and i have a question.....can you "special-offer" DVD's that you dont have in your shop but stands under the DVD Reviews... and how much will it cost and will it cost extra to ask for "special-ordered DVD´s ??

+ im from sweden and i wonder if anyone in europe ever had any problem with the costums... cause i really dont wanna get cought and dont get my package :eek:
Welcome Squeek.

As far as I know you are our first Swedish member (I could be wrong though). You can order most of the DVDs from the review section that are offered by MAC, ACMAC, FX or MI. There are some older titles that are now out of print that are just not available. All you have to do is pick the title you're interested in and make a post in the Request section of this board.

Your packages will be shipped from Canada. I know we have members in Portugal, the UK, and I think Germany as well. I haven't heard any stories of packages being seized by customs in any of those countries. I don't know how picky Swedish officials are with their postal service. The worst you would probably have to do as far as I know is pay any taxes you have due. Have you had any packages shipped from North America in the past? That would be a good guide as to what you'll encounter with your order from here.

I hope you enjoy yourself in the forum. This is a great place to find a lot of titles that are almost impossible to find anywhere else.
well thx for the answer and YATTA... i might be the first swede here Big Grin well hrmm anyway...how do i know how much the things i want cost....you dont have any prices on the DVD's under DVD review so its kinda hart to know :p
Squeek Wrote:well thx for the answer and YATTA... i might be the first swede here Big Grin well hrmm anyway...how do i know how much the things i want cost....you dont have any prices on the DVD's under DVD review so its kinda hart to know :p

Dude, do you actually do any research on your own for any of the sites you go to? Or do you just start asking a million and one questions on every forum? Common sense and using logical reasoning would tell you that you click on the link that says 'Store'.

Also, are you actually planning on buying from any of these sites or do you just like asking the same questions of every site and then people tell you there's nothing to worry about and you move on to the next one and repeat the cycle?

And for anyone that thinks I'm being 'rude' or 'mean', there is a method to my madness. He just got done asking a bunch of questions at CJV in multiple threads that he started. Everyone told him there was nothing to worry about and to go ahead and order etc., and now he's on here doing the same thing. Which leads me to believe that he didn't actually order anything, but instead wasted the time of all those people that helped answer all his questions.
ouch..........
vicious does his research........
First I want to say welcome to the board, its always nice to see members from other countries then just Canada, USA and UK. I will tell you my experience with shipping items overseas from the USA to Europe. I have shipped small size pachages about the size of a CD or DVD to Europe no problem. But I also shipped a 3DO I sold through E-Bay to someone in Dresdin Germany. The recipiant had to open the pakage at the post office and had to pay importing fee's. My best advise I would give is contact your local Mail service/ Post Office and ask their rules concering electronics (Which DVDs fall under) and ask their policy on such packages
Gemini Wrote:ouch..........
vicious does his research........

Not really. This guy made like 3 threads over at CJV (where the forums are slow anyway) asking this same question. I answered his questions in 2 of them. I'm guessing he's cautious about buying over the internet and not necesarily HK's. He should make up his mind already and check his countries importing laws.
Zagatto Wrote:Your packages will be shipped from Canada. I know we have members in Portugal, the UK, and I think Germany as well. I haven't heard any stories of packages being seized by customs in any of those countries. I don't know how picky Swedish officials are with their postal service. The worst you would probably have to do as far as I know is pay any taxes you have due. Have you had any packages shipped from North America in the past? That would be a good guide as to what you'll encounter with your order from here.

The only time I had to pay taxes was when I ordered the Fushigi Yuugi Limited Edition Box Set and the Yami No Matsuei Perfect Collection together. The package was big and even though JJ put a $20 value on the custom declaration sticker I ended up having to pay about 20? of taxes. I didn't like it but it was still worth it. I've been trying to keep my packages small ever since.