Import Anime Forums

Full Version: New Final Fantasy VII Spinoff for PS2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was wondering what everyone thought of the new Final Fantasy VII spinoff. In case you haven't heard yet it's called Final FantasyVII: Dirge Of Cerberus and it features Vincent as the main character. Personally I don't think they should make sequels to the Final Fantasy series, especially after the disaster of Final Fantasy X-2. So I was wondering your thoughts on the game.

Also you can find screenshots on http://www.the-magicbox.com if you are interested.
I'm not sure what to think. I wish that they would give up doing sequel games, and concentrate on making new titles.
kakoi_sugoi_yama Wrote:I'm not sure what to think. I wish that they would give up doing sequel games, and concentrate on making new titles.

Agreed! Although I think having Vincent as a real lead character might be quite nice.
Batz Kage Wrote:Agreed! Although I think having Vincent as a real lead character might be quite nice.

I also agree, but Vincent is freaking cool so I wouldnt mind too much.
I do like Vincent but i don't know about as a main character. But it is Square so they might surprise me with this one. Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out.
hey
this is what i heard from a site :

A new game featuring Vincent from Final Fantasy VII is currently under development at Square-Enix. According to Weekly Jump Magazine, Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII will take place roughly one year after Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children and is set to be released sometime next year.

A part of the FFVII compilation project, Dirge of Cerberus will be the third expansion to the FFVII world, after the Advent Children sequel and Before Crisis: Final Fantasy VII, an online prequel game for mobile phones.

-LE
Yeah!!! Alright!!! A semi sequal for the game that made me stop playing RPGs, just what I wanted.
Batz Kage Wrote:Agreed! Although I think having Vincent as a real lead character might be quite nice.

I thought the same thing about Yuna being almost half naked in FF X-2. we all know how that worked out...
meoryo Wrote:I thought the same thing about Yuna being almost half naked in FF X-2. we all know how that worked out...

LOL, good point. That game was just made for fan boys. Which is sad because I bought it.
yay i thought yuna was going to make that game good but she didnt...........o yeah im looking foward to seeing the sequals to ff7 just to see if square can change my mind on sequals. also advent children looks cool
Square is letting the fame go to their heads. Vincient was cool kinda like Yuffie and Cait Sith were. :p But come on does FF7 really need a sequel?
animefan777x Wrote:I was wondering what everyone thought of the new Final Fantasy VII spinoff. In case you haven't heard yet it's called Final FantasyVII: Dirge Of Cerberus and it features Vincent as the main character. Personally I don't think they should make sequels to the Final Fantasy series, especially after the disaster of Final Fantasy X-2. So I was wondering your thoughts on the game.

Also you can find screenshots on http://www.the-magicbox.com if you are interested.

Well, I have to disagree with you. I think Final Fantasy X-2 is far from being a disaster (but I did get the 100% completion...) and I know a lot of people who feel the same way. Besides, don't you think that just because you didn't like a particular sequel that doesn't mean you're not going to like another one? It's going to be a sequel but also a new game which you might end up liking. You've got to give Square some credit. I for one can hardly wait to see the beautiful world of FFVII with gorgeous graphics, not to mention the fact that Vincent's my favourite FFVII character.

tsunami Wrote:Square is letting the fame go to their heads. Vincient was cool kinda like Yuffie and Cait Sith were. :p But come on does FF7 really need a sequel?

No, FFVII doesn't really need a sequel, it's an amazing game on its own. However, Square is doing all of this at the fans' request. Fans have been begging for a remake of the game (or something of the sort) for years! And again I say, just because it's a sequel it doesn't mean it's not going to be good. After all Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 are prequels to FFVII and most people had no complaints concerning FFX.
I am not a fan of sequels that drive the popularity of the original into the ground. The only type of thing I would go for is taking some of the PS1 RPGs that were very popular like the original FF7 and not redo the game but do similar to what GC did with Dreamcasts Skies Of Arcadia Ledgends. I really wouldn't mind playing FF7 again if it was modernized with the latest graphics and even voice acting in it
I got nothing against sequels but yes against sequels in the Final fantasy title. None of the FF games are conected 1-9 are ALL different and the thing they have in common is to always save the world. Its all good if you keep that up but when they started to break one of the most fantastic traditions thats when I dont like it. I started to noticed that something bad was gonna happen when I saw the kiss in FFX, something that didnt happen in 9 games (not even with Cloud & Aeris or Tifa). So sequels shpould be made for games that usually have sequels and not for a FF game not even Tactics and Tactics advanced are not alike, so no sequel game for the best FF game IMO
Seijuro Hiko Wrote:I started to noticed that something bad was gonna happen when I saw the kiss in FFX, something that didnt happen in 9 games (not even with Cloud & Aeris or Tifa).

I'm not exactly sure what you mean but there was a kiss in FFIX.
Pages: 1 2 3