Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Fable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been thinking about buying this...... no money though
I bought the game finally but it arrived at my house the same day i left on my trip so ill have to wait till friday of this coming week to play it i cant wait.

-LE
Mantis421 Wrote:Currently I own a dreamcast and a Game Cube. I am big into the RPG's do you guys think it is worth it to buy a X-Box to get Fable or should I just go the rout to get a PS2 ?

If you havn't played it buy Skies of Arcadia for gamecube. Go, run, buy it now. Buy a strategy guide too. That games friggin hard without one. You at least need a good map, which is what I used my guide for 90% of the time. It also helped guide me to where I needed to go sometimes. Every once in a while it gets confusing as to where to go. This is definitely one of the most fun RPG's i've ever played though. It's awesome being a pirate with a flying ship and a home base to build to up. Just wish you could have done more with you base, but for a dreamcast update it's pretty darn good.

Buy a PS2 if you can afford one and if you don't mind playing older games you can just buy a PS1 for like $20 and go buy all the final fantasy games and pretty much anything else made my squaresoft. Legend of Dragoon by sony is a great game too. There are others too, like the breath of fire series, but those wern't as good as most rpgs.

If you buy an xbox make sure and pick up knights of the old republic. (or buy it on pc) That games really cool. Kotor 2 comes out soon too.

Hope Fable gets here Monday. Just bought it off Ebay for $40. Can't wait to play it.
Alek Wrote:Dude I just got Falble its frieckin cool but for some reason they call me chicken chaser

They keep calling you "chicken chaser" because that's your title. There are others, but as soon as you leave the Guild HQ, on the left is a guy that you can buy a new title from. Remember, like pretty much all characters, he roams around a bit too.

Fable is awesome, but i was rather surprised as to how short it was.
Stupid holiday today. Have to wait until at least tomorrow to start playing. I'm also surprised people are saying the game is so short, especially after how long the game has been in development.

Is this game worth two play-throughs like kotor is? Is it worth going through as a good guy then again as a bad guy?
Yes, i would say it is. I've gone through as completely good, and it's really difficult not to steal, kill, and break stuff. The urge is there, and is enflamed when little kids pick on you and your title "Chicken chaser." That's kind of sad in a way...
Woot, Fable came today. Just got off work but put a couple hours in before I went. Game is pretty awesome. The very first thing I bought was the Ranger title. Most of the titles are pretty retarded, but I needed to get rid of chicken chaser lol. I wonder if you get that title if you kick the chickens. Anyone not kicked the chickens and gotten the title? I can't help it. Ever since Zelda when I see a chicken in an rpg I hit it. =P
Holy crap. Under 11 hours and already beat the game. Played as quite an evil guy, normally play as a good guy. After playing through once I don't think i'll want to play through to the end. Gonna rebeat the bad guy (skipped credits) so I can continue exploring the world for a couple hours with that awesome sword.

This game was already delayed a ton, but a bit more time to add more quests would have been nice.
what i thought was wierd in the game was that if you start to kill every one in town and kill the guards you start to get good points
Pages: 1 2