Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Silent Hill 4: The Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked this up a few days ago, and have already been through it once. I love the way they have made the game more combat focused. The controls suprisingly work very well without the usual "tank" setup. It's by far my most favorite Silent Hill since Silent Hill 2. The setup and story are just as good as Silent hill 2. The 1st person view in your room adds so much to the experience of being trapped inside. Only problem I have is the lack of boss fights and that uncontrollable character that you lead around near the middle.

Has anybody else picked this up or played it? Opinions?
Ive had it for a while,but not a memory card, so never bothered to do too much. But seemed a bit boring to begin with.
I own all the other Silent Hill games and I think they are fantastic so I will definatly be picking this up. But I live in Europe so I will probably get the X-box version for 60Hertz and improved graphics. The PS2 versions of all Konami games in Europe for some reason have no 60Hertz option.

(For those that don't know the USA and Japan use a system called NTSC which moves a 60Hertz, in Europe we use a system called PAL which runs at 50hertz, but because of it we used to get games that were 17.5% slower and bordered, but since the great innovation by SEGA with the Dreamcast most games on most consoles now have a 60Hertz mode because most European TV's can handle it now. But for some reason Konami PS2 games never have a 60Hertz mode, maybe its because all the other consoles display in a "PAL 60hertz" but the PS2 60hertz for some reason is displayed in NTSC colour so it is in Black and white on most TV's, but luckily I have once that can handle it Smile And thats it for European gaming education, join me next time for some more informative gaming info Wink )