Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Naruto (Dream English Voice Cast)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,

Just finished the first disc in my set which had 13 episodes and im loving it! I was thinking if and ever if this comes to the US what would be a great voice cast for the series? At the moment I have a few of the roles filled with some great VA's.

Naruto Uzumaki : (VA's that might be great voices for the main wild star)

-Barbara GOODSON : Nandaba Naota(FLCL)
-Kari Wahlgren : Haruhara Haruko (FLCL)

Sasuke Uchiha : (Narito's main rival)

-Chris Patton : Ayato Kamina (Rahxephon)
-Johnny Yong Bosch : Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
-Lex Lang : Crim (.hack//sign)

Kakashi Hatake - (the main teacher/sensei that teaches their team of 3)

-Robert BUCHHOLZ : Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)
-Steven Jay Blum : Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
-Paul Mercier : Bear (.hack//Sign)
-Tom Wyner : Quent Yaiden (Wolfs Rain)

Sakura Haruno- (Naruto madly in love with her but she cant stand him)

-Melissa Charles : Ed (cowboy Bebop)
-Amanda Winn Lee : Mimiru (.hack//Sign)

Well if your a fan of the show and want to see it dubbed which VA's Would you like to see play which roles in the series. im still going to add on to my list when i see more of the series. well i would love to hear your choices.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:Naruto Uzumaki : (VA's that might be great voices for the main wild star)

-Barbara GOODSON : Nandaba Naota(FLCL)
-Kari Wahlgren : Haruhara Haruko (FLCL)

Why do you have girls voicing Naruto?

My choice for Naruto would be Greg Ayres (Son Goku in Saiyuki).
maybe because the character Naruto is originally voiced by Takeuchi Junko (female seiyuu)

o_O
dmr456 Wrote:maybe because the character Naruto is originally voiced by Takeuchi Junko (female seiyuu)

o_O

But that always happens in the Japanese dubs. There are very few instances where it comes over here and gets dubbed by a female. There's the occasional role like the 1st male Ranma and Sasshi from Abenobashi Shopping Arcade, but 98% of the male voices are done by males in the US.
because alot of the wilder voices come from girls and well those girls have played alot of guy roles. and i think -Barbara GOODSON : Nandaba Naota(FLCL) has a great voice she can soud like a smaller buy and be wild.

anyone else have any other VA's that they think would be good i know more then 3 people here have seen the series or some of the episodes.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:anyone else have any other VA's that they think would be good i know more then 3 people here have seen the series or some of the episodes.
[/COLOR]

Probably becuase most of them don't know VA's well enough to decide or simply don't care.

Speaking of which, I know you had to look some of those up too, because there is no way you knew off hand who plays Bear in .hack nor could you name any of his other roles.
I think the dude who played Inuyasha (Richard Cox?) would be a good choice.
yeah vicious i knew his name and some of his works but i did use http://www.animenewsnetwork.com for alot of the others and more that i didnt post cause i knew the va but not the last name for some of them. i can tell you alot of diffrent VA's works cause i watch alot of anime and alot of VA's are the same in alot of them. but i dont have to tell you that you know adv uses alot of the same VA's million times over in all their titles. not trying to start something but it is true !

and to Ryoku Slayer who would that guy be perfect for which role in Naruto ?
also everyone can use that site above to see the VA's names and roles.

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:but i dont have to tell you that you know adv uses alot of the same VA's million times over in all their titles. not trying to start something but it is true !

Well, I'm impressed if you actually could name him and his works off the top of your head, because I sure as hell couldn't.

ADV does use alot of the same VA's. But so do all the companies. Virtually all of ADV's stuff is dubbed at Industrial Smoke and Mirrors or Monster Island (both of which they own). Viz will usually use Ocean Studios. Bandai uses Bang Zoom alot. I think Geneon uses alot of the LA studios. So it's true for any company. But a little more so for ADV, since they almost exclusively use their own studios and since they put out so much stuff.

That being said, I look forward to hearing their VA's. I like hearing Hilary, Monica, Luci, Greg, Tiffany, and Chris over and over again.
I agree they all use a lot of the same VA's but you do have to mix it up a little they should use some of both companies VA's in some titles. im starting to get sick of Crispin Freeman he does so much stuff he was good but there is no difference in character it all sounds the same. there are some roles like argento soma where he had an accent and in I my me strawberry eggs it was down in tone , but like in wolfs rain it sounds like him in hellsing and last exile.

I would like to see Chris Patton in more staring roles he has a great voice. Also Johnny Yong Bosch he does great work. And from Hilary haag she has a unique voice I want to see her in some different roles more like the one she had in FMP. More adult.

Also some new talent.

-LE
As the biggest Hilary fan around, I do not want to hear her in more adult type roles. Those don't seem to suit her much IMO.

You complain about ADV using the same VA's and then you say you want more Chris Patton? What are you smoking? He's lead in like half their shows. He's their most used male VA. You're contradicting yourself again.
i havent heard him in that many titles sorry !
some of the titles he is in he isnt the main guy.

so thats why i want to see him in more titles. but ill got to ANN and see what BOLD characters he plays , that means lead at there site if the roles are bold thats a lead.

-LE
Well, if that's what the bold means, he's got 17 of them. Him and Monica lead everything. I like them and all, but I'm glad when they hand out the leads to others sometimes.
oh! i am sorry if i didn't make it clear, the person who I think will do a good job as Naruto IMO is Richard Cox *d00d who did Inuyasha* ^_^
I just finished FMP and the chick who did the voice for Chidori was awesome. I was real glad she wasn't such a boring charrecter like the chick from blue seed or ceres who were scared and goofy all the time. Anyone know her name? She would be good for Sakura.
Pages: 1 2