Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Desktop Time!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Really?
no, i am lying just to confuse you :twisted:
seriously. it's super easy, never crashes, doesn't lag, makes reformatting a snap cause all of the drivers are built in, looks cool, umm i dunno what else. can't think of much wrong with it.
98 = Buggy, laggy, horrible.

Win2k = Stable, secure, reliable

I think I'll stick to Windows 2000
I've got XP Home pro or some crap and it works awesome!!! :twisted:
Quote:Originally posted by "Suzakuseikun"

98 = Buggy, laggy, horrible.

Win2k = Stable, secure, reliable

I think I'll stick to Windows 2000

Yea if you like Win2k stick with it Xp is just Win2k with alot of eyecandy and more wizards.. well besides larger driver database for devices
Well, you have to access the C: drive from the start menu. It seems weird. If my computer could handle / If I had the extra money, I would. Until then it's Windows 98 for me. :mrgreen:
Quote:Originally posted by "Steve_the_Talking_Pie"

Well, you have to access the C: drive from the start menu. It seems weird. If my computer could handle / If I had the extra money, I would. Until then it's Windows 98 for me. :mrgreen:
You don't have to.. that is another thing with XP generally everything is customizeable weither you want my computer on desktop or not. If you want Control Panel in My Computer like 98 etc.. what speed computer you have steve? i am running it on a PIII 500 with 128 meg ram Laptop and it runs great..
i'd probably kill the layout of the site if i posted my desktop...but i put links so it will open in a new window:

desktop 1
desktop 2

neither are my current desktop, but i recently reformatted, so i still have that XP grassy hill picture :oops:
Honestly I have 64 megs of Ram, and I have a Pentium I. I really don't use my computer all that much so I don't worry.
If it works and you're happy with the performance... don't change anything.

Win98 is a good OS. They finally worked most of the bugs out of it (there were just way too many when it was first released).

Win2K is a very stable OS but it lacks compatabillity with too much stuff. If it runs what you want to run then stick with it.

WinXP us Wins2K with a whole lot of compatability added to it. I do recommend at least 256Mb of RAM for XP. 128 will get by but things run much more smoothly with 256.

If you're still running 95, then do yourself a favour and upgrade to 98 for the added security and stability.
If you're running WinME... I'm sorry...
Quote:Originally posted by "Zagatto"

If you're running WinME... I'm sorry...

LMAO! I agree with your 110% there.
Yeah it for works me. So I'm happy enough. Though I might like to upgrade when I buy a new computer. Well I kinda have to.
Pages: 1 2