Import Anime Forums

Full Version: What are the diferences between the 2 Manga Int. "Beserk"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know the diferences between the two manga int. releases of berserk.
i also want to know if any of the releases is missing scenes and if there is the advertising e-mail from manga int. sometimes in the subtitles.

thanks in advance
One is a R1 rip with the Eng.dub, the other is jap. audio only and is I believe a laserdisc rip with very good subtitles. None of them is missing scenes although the one with eng.dub. probably has the better quality. There are reviews on both sets so you could have found out by yourself and if any scenes are missing it would have been noted.

If I were you I'd get the one with eng. dub or the Fx release which is probably exactly the same and is in stock more often than the Mi one.
I actually prefer the video of the laserdisc rip. Still, it would probably be harder to find a copy of that one, so your best bet is the Eng Dub one. I also like the older set because it has music videos for 3 of the main songs used in the series at the end of the last disc, pretty cool stuff.
There is a scene missing from the so called english perfect version. I own both copies and can say that the laser disc copy is much better. The subtitles a much more accurate on the laserdisc version in terms of what the people are actually saying versus the supped up american enhanced (made for the menatally impared) version. Also the part that I'm refering that was was the part when griffth was in his cell after he'd been trotured for a year, and he looks towards the wall. In the r1 version from the wall it skips a scene where these worm looking things come out of the wall and tell griffth that their waiting for him and then he drifts into thhe weird demon space where. They cut that scene out of the r1 version. I don't know why they cut it because (in the r1 version) when griffth actully gets to the demon reealm for real he has a quick memory flash of the deleted scene. It doesn't make sense in the r1 version but it makes sense in the laser disc copy. Again another example of a product that america changes becasue they feel that it would be better for us that way.
I'm pretty sure that scene is in the FX version, so I'm thinking that if you were watching the MI version it was MIs fault and not the R1s.
I've got the R1's of Berserk and that scene is definitely there.