Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Aquarian Age Vol.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

My friend just bought this DVD and I asked to borrow it, too add before he even saw the damn thing. I just got finished with the first 5 episodes of the series and it was getting good, just when I get pulled in it ended. I can?t wait till the next volume. The series has a great mixture of two stories that blend together well. The series does seem a little familiar to the series (Gravitation) which the series is based on a band trying to get signed. This aspect is the same in both but it is a lot different in AA .a better mixed story and well the element of gay singers is taken out of Aquarian age, so far. Wow Gravitation was weird I couldn?t even believe I finished one episode but it was on ADV?s magazine NT-USA preview disc. I always knew adv was a little gay. LOL joking.

Aside from similarities this title has a great story and should be a great title to get into. At the moment where they left off it?s hard to say what?s going to happen next.

Well im interested in if anyone has heard or seen any of the series?
Did you like it?

*NOTE*
Vicious I am aware that this title was released by ADV, so don?t try to use it against me! And also I know Gravitation wasn?t released by ADV but was shown on there mag.
*END NOTE*

Attached is a pic of the first volume.

-LE
I got my free boxset from ADV signed by Tiffany Grant. I thought the series was OK and probably wouldn't be buying the rest of it if not for the signed box that I need to fill.

As long as you realize that it's an ADV release, I don't need to make any further comments. Even though I'm sure everyone knows where I'm going with that since we all know your stance on ADV.
yeah that they have a few good titles and they are anime hores. i like some of there stuff and i think people know that, oh and i dont think people even care if they did why are they here buying HK same with you.

-LE
You don't do very well in your English classes do you? Being lazy is one thing. Typing out crap that makes no sense is another. I think somwhere in there you're implying something about me buying boots of ADV stuff????

Well, the only HK's I own of anything ADV is Nadia, which wasn't dubbed using IS&M, and City Hunter Season 1, which wasn't dubbed at all. I try not to buy any HK's of ADV stuff anymore and have gotten rid of pretty much all the ones I had bought in the past.
oh if you want me to get technical and only post like a lame adult and get upset at every post i don't like, or companies i love that birings anime to the USA then i would be you. and im not you so stop this regin over people having to have your ideas and thoughts. this theory died with hitler so drop it everyone is free to speak there minds on here and i am cause i live in the US "freedom of speach". you have this freedom but doesnt mean you have to be a dick about everything posted in every topic. if you dont like it dont post in it !

and also i actualy did great in my english classes got stuff done before everyone in the class so this is not having to do with school im just not here to proof read all my work for you vicious i just dont care about it that much. im not like noobs i dont take the abuse ! i wonder if you are some poor sap that has been beaten all his life and you get a high picking on people who dont know who you are. like you have said in the past no one would invest in some one they dont know. well does anyone here really know you ? have they met you in person ? im guessing no. so dont try and use your syco babble on me ! im here to hang and have fun and share info .

well hopefully you read this cause i know you dont read posts more then 4 or 5 lines.

well later.
im done !

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:im not like noobs i dont take the abuse ! i wonder if you are some poor sap that has been beaten all his life and you get a high picking on people who dont know who you are. like you have said in the past no one would invest in some one they dont know. well does anyone here really know you ? have they met you in person ? im guessing no. so dont try and use your syco babble on me ! im here to hang and have fun and share info .

Well, I'm not sure why you wrote all that arguing about god knows what??? :confused:

I was trying to answer your question. But obviously you don't follow any type of logic in your replies.

You don't take abuse huh? So you're trying to make some sort of statement here? Is that what you're saying?

And no. I never got beaten. Sorry to disappoint you.

And 'investing in someone'??? I don't remember anything about that. But I never said anyone here has met me and obviously, noone really knows anyone on the internet. But what does that have to do with 'Psychobabble' (notice the correct spelling)??? And what psychobabble was I trying to use on you?
How long are you guys going to keep this up? Every post LE makes Vicious responds to, politely, but with an sarcastic undertone. LE takes offence and we have another thread ruined.

This is both your faults (please, no he started its ok?) and you should stop ussing this board for your personal vendetta's or just make one thread and battle it out. If you can't do this than just don't post in each others threads but you guys are bringing your lame argument in every thread either one of you posts in. If I'm the only one who's tired of this than tell me so and I'll shut up but I think there are more people getting annoyed with this.

Vicious, this is an HK board and if you are going to argue anyone who says something bad about R1's or ADV you should quit your dayjob cause that's going to continue as long as this site exists. Most people who come here don't love R1's or ADV for that matter. I know you mean well and only want to open peoples eyes that R1 is not THAT expensive but in all your attempts I don't think you have succeded once, you just made e-enemies. Plus most of the people you had these discussions with weren't worth your time anyway cause you could see from their first post that they aren't going to change. I've seen you write many times that you don't bring your arguments into other threads. Time to keep your word.

LE, please learn how to spell. Its selfish that you say you don't care about it much because we are the ones who have to read your posts and try to decipher what you are saying. It makes you look like a little brat. You won't earn respect (if thats possible) on this board with crappy posts like yours and noone will take you serious. Thats why noone came to your "rescue" in your arguments with Vicious and it seemed like everyone was against you.

Now please, try to stay out of eachothers way.
elcoholic Wrote:How long are you guys going to keep this up? Every post LE makes Vicious responds to, politely, but with an sarcastic undertone. LE takes offence and we have another thread ruined.

Dude, I can't make any response to anyone without a sarcastic undertone.

As for me arguing R1's or ADV or whatever, if someone hates it, they hate it. That's fine. The thing that irks me about him is that he is a total hypocrite. First he bashes them for something that applies equally to all the companies, makes up lies about them, calls them names, and then begs for the HK rips of their stuff.

I'll try. But like I siad, there's not much I can post without being sarcastic. And if Homey the Clown wants to make himself a martyr after everyone of my posts then . . .
What "lies" did I make up?
They aren?t anime hores? They don?t bring a ton of stuff here and get there hands on every part of anime and don?t do so well with it? What lie is there? Im saying once again they have a few good titles but most are crap. I my self like good quality anime, with great animation and solid stories that I can actually watch more then one episode of. And don?t go look at my list and say my titles aren?t original. I like them because they are great and funny.

so vicious if you can prove to me that ADV isn?t out there getting every thing they can get there hands on ill drop my small hatred towards ADV, but I have a feeling you wont be able to. and about the prices anime was expensive from all companies, using a high looking price to prove an exaggerated point that anime in R1 form was and still expensive aren?t lies. Because those prices did exist for everyone maybe because you day no it wasn?t maybe you didn?t buy anime in that period cause I did.

But I know this will go on forever, I hate wasting my breath.
So flame on!

-LE
So you hate them because they're licensing stuff? You'd rather it sit in Japan unlicensed?

And the statement where you say 'they're licensing stuff and don't do so well with it'? Well with it how?? I see no problems with their release. You're the only one seeing this problem.

As for prices, you made that up. They never sold shit at the prices you're claiming. Me and Steve both know more than you do. You've already admitted that to me in your IM before I blocked you. Also, you want proof? This review was written back in 2000. It's one of ADV's earlier releases. Read the MSRP. Look through their entire database if you want.

http://www.animeondvd.com/reviews2/disc_reviews/191.php

Also, this has nothing to do with ADV. This has to do with you being a dumbass and saying dumb shit. If you say something dumb, I'm gonna be like 'god damn, what a dumb fuck!!!' every single time. If you want to continually go back to ADV every time I call you a dumb fuck, then that's your problem.
He man, don't stop with the sarcasm, thats what I like about reading your posts. Its just that not everyone gets it.

Quote:They don’t bring a ton of stuff here and get there hands on every part of anime and don’t do so well with it?

If they don't do so well with it they will go bankrupt soon right? I really want you to tell me whats wrong with this. They ofcourse should just leave anime in Japan :confused: