Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Revolutionary Girl Utena R1 question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I havn't found this answer anywhere so thought i'd ask here. I just got the revolutionary girl utena black rose saga box set from a pawn shop for a good deal. Was trading in stuff and they traded with me straight up.

Is there a box set for the first few volumes? I don't see one listed anywhere and think it's strange to make one for eps 14-whatever. Do I have to buy them individually?
Seeing I own the entire series on R1, I'll field this question.

No, there's not. The first 14 episodes come on two DVDs. "Rose Collection 1" and "Rose Collection 2." However, they're rather pricey.

There's also another boxset after Black Rose, the Apocalypse boxset.
Crappy. I wonder who decides these kinds of things? They should be fired and never given a job in anime again. People who don't know what anime fans want shouldn't be making decisions about the industry. Unfortunately, the world rarely works that way. =/ Thank God for ADV.

Thanks for the info.
Actually, CPM recently released a boxset that contains the first two DVDS (the rose collections) plus the movie. While you shouldn't watch the movie until AFTER the show, it's very good.

I'm glad to hear you got Utena, it's an amazing series and the R1s were very well done.

It's only $50 (free shipping) at DDD.
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=CPM006228

I highly reccomend you get it.
Thanks for the infomation. That's a decent price for a 3 disc set. I might pick one up.