Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Has anyone overspent over summer?...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

Just wanted to know If I'm the only one who overspends every summer on anime? Leaving no money for school/college

I must have spent 200 bucks on anime (a lot for me) over the past few weeks.

Woe is me, woe betide me
if it makes you happy it can't be that bad. As long as you have parents or a job don't worry about it. When I started collection anime I spent 300$ in one week.
same here.... going to school is pretty exspensive, but hey if u have a job its not so bad.
Sometimes, when I see shiny new releases sitting on a store shelf and begging to be picked up, I go over board very easily, even thougn I still have many stuff that I haven't watched yet and I know I shouldn't buy any for a while.

Nevertheless, I will probably pick up next releases of Last Exile and 12 kingdoms as soon as they come out. I am skipping meals for a few days to save money for them Big Grin Just kidding.
Short Answer:

Way too damn much.
Upon reading this thread, I immediately checked my credit card/bank statements from June-Aug online, Sad sheesh, I don't even know what I spent on this summer but it totalled up to almost $10,000.
No wonder I have to go to the bank so frequently for the last few months and my piggy bank at home seems to have lost tons of weight and jingles way too loudly. :mad:
Yep I've been going overboard for the past 4 monthes. I need to really catch up on paying my credit cards so I will just not buy anything in the entertainment category for four weeks.
I bought wholesale dvds when i was in Hong Kong and i spent about USD$15,000 but it is stuff that i wanted for years combined. I could have ordered them and have them send it but the courier they use would have been hugely expensive and then i would have to deal with customs. All in all it would probably double the price.

Instead i spent a whole day at the post office in Hong Kong and ripped everything out of their cases to reduce the weight greatly and sent everything back surface mail to the UK. Shipping worked out much cheaper this way and it all got past with no customs. I'm a happy bunny. Left so many stacks of cases at the post office and my hands were like a production line slashing the shrink wrap and packing them away but it was worth it. Smile

Only some of it was anime but this summer i have spent soooo much money on things and now i am quite broke! -.-"
I set myself a budget of 280$ max to spend over the last few months. Thankfully I just queezed under it. I just have to wait to order what I want so it doesent break my budget
CrayonShinChan Wrote:I bought wholesale dvds when i was in Hong Kong and i spent about USD$15,000
:eek: I am guessing $4/disc for HK whole sale price. That's 3750 discs. If you watch 1 disc a day, you are set for next 10+ years. I don't think anyone here will beat you on summer DVD spending spree Rolleyes
i spend way too much, i just placed an order :eek: i need to try and cut back till i make some more money. it's just so hard to say no.
in the past few months ive spent over 350 at this website.
ive spent all my money on anime, and the computer. its like this week all 400 in my account is gone went towards anime, even stuff i didnt hink i would buy but did~

im so sad ! i need to block ebay and amazon.
help me !!!!

-LE
CrayonShinChan Wrote:I bought wholesale dvds when i was in Hong Kong and i spent about USD$15,000

Man...your room must be so filled up with HK dvds that you can't walk around freely. Know where are all your dvds?
If you guys want to buy any more HK's i'm selling mine pretty cheap on my trade page. Want to get rid of most the sets.
Pages: 1 2