Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Life is viewtiful. Opinons of Viewtiful Joe.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, I just rented Viewtiful Joe for the PS2 and I have to say it's pretty fun, although it has it's bad stuff (confusing scenes, hard to master controls). I unlocked Dante and he is pretty sweet. It is one of the best action games around. Plus since it's made by Capcom it has a very Megaman feel to it.
Viewtiful Joe is one of the best games out at the moment.
viewtiful joe was a great game, it was pretty chalenging, but games should be, if they're too easy, it's just not as rewarding when you beat it.
There are so many secret characters in the game that its crazy.
it was a fun game but i dont really like gamecube controllers and thats the system i have it for.
i like the GC version.
also second gaem coming out and also an anime series based on the game to come soon from capcom! probaly wont see it untill Japan gets done with it !

-LE
Viewtiful Joe the anime...sweet.
There's a reason why Sony retained the design of the PS1 Dual Shock to be used with the Dual Shock 2, and it's not because they were lazy. Most console gamers I know, regardless of being Xbox or Gamecube owners, agree that the Dual Shock 2 is a fantastic design. It's durable, it's remains comfortable over long periods of time, the size is just right (particularly for my asian hands), and the button layout is ideal for most games. It doesn't feel or look too much like a toy (like Gamecube's), and it's not too beefy (even Xbox's S-controller doesn't feel right).

Viewtiful Joe's an awesome game. I'm also playing it right now, and I'm finding the controls to be extra tight, particularly with the Dual Shock 2 controller. I love how there's tons of moves, as I've found past side scroller games to be a little simplistic in control. It really is THE best superhero video game I've played. I love how Capcom makes fun of Dante in this title, the guy's a hoot.
I have the GC version, its a fantastic and original game, a breath of fresh air to the gaming market and my favourite game on the GC so far. Anyone who does not like this game has a screw loose, its fantastic.
Robojack Wrote:There's a reason why Sony retained the design of the PS1 Dual Shock to be used with the Dual Shock 2, and it's not because they were lazy. Most console gamers I know, regardless of being Xbox or Gamecube owners, agree that the Dual Shock 2 is a fantastic design. It's durable, it's remains comfortable over long periods of time, the size is just right (particularly for my asian hands), and the button layout is ideal for most games. It doesn't feel or look too much like a toy (like Gamecube's), and it's not too beefy (even Xbox's S-controller doesn't feel right).

The PS controller is ok, but it sucks with 2d fighting games. We all know damn well the Japanese Sega Saturn controller was the best damn pad ever made for home systems. Screw feeling the rumble pack or the dual shock, give me some good controller design. Even fucking capcom designed their Street Fighter 15th Anniversary controller after the Saturn.
Its a sweet game, I really want that game. My little brother just bought, and now im pissed cuz he can play it and I cant. Damn him to hell!!!

I think the dualshock2 is the best controler there is right now. The Snes controler was pretty good too.
evilomar Wrote:The PS controller is ok, but it sucks with 2d fighting games. We all know damn well the Japanese Sega Saturn controller was the best damn pad ever made for home systems. Screw feeling the rumble pack or the dual shock, give me some good controller design. Even fucking capcom designed their Street Fighter 15th Anniversary controller after the Saturn.

Very true Cool
Ok...but if I wanted to play fighting games, I'd use my Hori arcade joystick. Who the hell plays fighting games with a normal controller anyway? You'll totally get owned in the arcades that way. On the other hand, I've found the Dual Shock 2 to be extremely easy to use with fighting games, maybe a little too easy. I probably have my thin, dextrrous Asian hands to thank for that, though.
We were talking about controllers that came with game consoles. The Saturn pad still owned the ps. Yeah Joysticks are alot better to use, I probably could get owned at the arcades now, specialy with all the 3d crap I call button smashers,they call fighting games. Back in the day I was the king at the Neo Geo machine.
Alright, but you should realize that the Sega Genesis already had a similar 6 button controller, long before the Saturn. However, there's a reason why Sega abandoned that layout when designing the Dreamcast controller.

Joysticks are better for all fighting games, not just 3D. And I find most 3D fighters to require no more button smashing than old 2D fighters. Only crapass players resort to it, while skilled players are able to navigate through the battle system a little more gracefully. Besides, since Capcom fighting games are all but dead now, I find PS2's control layout appropriate enough for titles such as Guilty Gear, Soul Calibur, and Tekken. Heck, even Marvel vs. Capcom 2 used a 4 button layout, which may be a sign that times are changing.
Pages: 1 2