Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ghost in the shell box?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else noticed the lack of a ghost in the shell stand alone complex box? Anyone know if an art box is planned for the series at all?
someone gave me a link where this guy makes custom boxes made out of metal and they are prety cool looking. maybe he will put one out or if you want one request one. also there is this coming out jsut though you should know :

a special release Contains three discs in collector's packaging along with a Special Edition booklet for vol.1 and there is also another special set for vol.2!

-LE
His boxes are awesome. I have about 8 of his creations. Only prob is 99% of them aren't licensed. Wink :p
Japschin Wrote:Website: Paul Champagne
His boxes are awesome. I have about 8 of his creations. Only prob is 99% of them aren't licensed. Wink :p

I called SonRyu a bootlegger once on the AnimeNation forums, hehe, he didn't like it very much.
Where are the prices? I've only seen the prices for a couple things listed. I must be missing them completely.
I doubt anyone would be happy to be called a bootlegger. It's quite a pity that the boxes aren't licensed since they are really good quality, at least those I have, much better than a lot of those filmsy licensed cardboard boxes I have.
Cidien Wrote:Where are the prices? I've only seen the prices for a couple things listed. I must be missing them completely.
Which ones are you referring to? I have the complete price list. Paul gave it to me.
So he doesn't simply have prices listed? I don't have much money atm but I might be interested in one of those NOIR prototypes. I'll probably want to buy an arc the lad box sometime also.
Japschin Wrote:I doubt anyone would be happy to be called a bootlegger. It's quite a pity that the boxes aren't licensed since they are really good quality, at least those I have, much better than a lot of those filmsy licensed cardboard boxes I have.

The only one of his I remember being 'official' is the Eva boxset. The companies could go after him for the rest of his boxes if they wanted to, but they don't seem to really care. With the exception of Bandai telling him to stop selling the Bebop boxes.
IMO they are fools. They have someone selling boxes for their sets and they don't even want in on it. Why don't they just hire the guy and make a profit off of him? Not like they always make it real easy to get ahold of their own boxes.
Vicious Wrote:The only one of his I remember being 'official' is the Eva boxset. The companies could go after him for the rest of his boxes if they wanted to, but they don't seem to really care. With the exception of Bandai telling him to stop selling the Bebop boxes.

Other official R1 Boxes: Gasaraki and Bubble Gum Crisis Tokyo 2040. These, you won't be able to get them privately from him. You have to go through the studios.
I like the Rahxephon and Last Exile boxes !
-LE