Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FLCL R1 Question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do the Fooly Cooly R1s have extras. I know the Hks don't, but I have not seen the R1s.
Best place to find out about R1's is to go to http://www.animeondvd.com and look at the reviews there. They will list whatever extras there are.
I don't like FLCL but the commentary extra sounds cool. Whoever released the FLCL dvd's bugs me though. Adding commentary to the dvd's does not justify selling two episodes a disc for $20-30. This is the worst R1 release i've ever seen.
I will have to agree with Cidien on the aspect of discs. The series only has like 6 episodes and it spans 2 episodes on 3 discs. That is pure profit and a good example of a horrible R1 money scam. They could have easily put it on 2, and even 1 disc.

I guess this is a bit off topic from you question. I always hate when people do that to my threads to, so I am sorry about that. Anyways I have the R1's but I cannot remember if there is commentary/extras. I was sure they had something though. Just do what Vicious says and go to the link above, you should find your answers there. I am too lazy to pop in the dvd, lol. Big Grin
Quote:Extras: Lets start with the directors commentary which is a very nice feature. It helps you understand the Japanese culture and gives u the skinny on what the heck is going on in this mad crazy OVA. Extras also include a nice image Gallery and even translations of a classroom chalk board and a zine done by kamon, Naotos father.

From animeondvd.com

Yep I knew there were extras. This is an excerpt from a review that a guy named Philip did on the second disc. Straight from animeondvd.com's website. Check it out Wink
Thanks Vicious. I able to get what I needed from the site.
Good idea to keep that site bookmarked for two reasons. They have good reviews and if you are interested in the R1's they have a ton of info about them. Also good for release dates.
I have already bookmarked it. My main use is to compare R1s with the HKs that I sell.