Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Macross TV series..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if there are any HK plans to release a version that doesn't have crap subs? It's one of my fave series and I refuse to pay for Robotech ;p
Whats wrong with Robotech?
the series was great a little pricy but great? :twisted: !
Quote:Originally posted by "-=WarArieS=-"

Whats wrong with Robotech?
the series was great a little pricy but great? :twisted: !

It was butchered all to hell by Harmony Gold.. but i don't belive there will be a HK release of Macross.. I belive FX was going to do one but Animego found out about it and started actually doing stuff about it.. I know on this site we cannot sell any Animego titles like KOR. So i don't belive the HK companys will rip it..
That sucks I want some better macross stuff and yes I forgot to mention it was pretty shitty!!! :evil:
but it's robotech and that kinda makes it ok in some weird sense!!
Quote:Originally posted by "-=WarArieS=-"

That sucks I want some better macross stuff and yes I forgot to mention it was pretty shitty!!! :evil:
but it's robotech and that kinda makes it ok in some weird sense!!
I don't have to worry aobut this i bought the Macross Box set from Animego.. so i got the best set around.. but yea i know thats alot of money for just one set.. so not everyone will get it.. But it is worth it let me tell yea.
where did you get that???????
I want one *whaaaaaaaaaa*
:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
http://www.animeigo.com/products/macross.t

They are selling seperate 3 sets.. or they still have a few of the original box sets which i got.. but they are like $250 but well worth it like the KOR set..
there are rips of the it already, but they suck... was hoping someone would do an R1 rip. i though manga was releasing a new macross saga set. could be wrong , hoped i wasn't :[
Quote:Originally posted by "rukkus"

there are rips of the it already, but they suck... was hoping someone would do an R1 rip. i though manga was releasing a new macross saga set. could be wrong , hoped i wasn't :[

I belive it was FX that was going to do the R1 rip off Animeigo which news got around and FX had to cancel the project. That is why generally FX's in production products are hush hush.
Macross for hkdvd isn't too bad. It is very watchable and the subs are decent.
omg the animego set looks so good :[ i wish i could afford it... hey, what's up with macross II? is that a continuation of DYRL? was looking at the reviews of macross HK discs this afternoon and it just confused me heh.
Look foward to the YUA Set coming out soon from Animeigo. If they doing anything right it's box sets.
YUA boxset cost even more than the macross botset. What the heck. yua boxset combined alltogether is 300+, which macross is only 250 and macross got more episodes in it.
Actually dude, here we go.......
Episodes
YUA = 52
Macross = 36 uhhhhh YUA wins by 16!!!!

Macross was sub only, YUA includes the great OAV dub!!!! ^_^

Macross = 9 discs (oh my stars)
YUA = 13 + 4 bonus discs = 17 in conclusion 8 more discs with "mad" extras

YUA doesn't cost $300+ it is $295 exactly.
Macross was $260 exactly. Hmmmmmmmmm $35 for 16 more episodes, more bonuses, a good dub (my opinion), and 4 separate "eye candy" boxes.

The Pie has spoken.