Import Anime Forums

Full Version: i don't like mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
i don't know if it is my dvd player or what, but i tend to have bad luck when it comes to playing mac dvds. i just bought bubblegum crisis tokoy 2040 and on the first disk the episodes are all out of order :mad: has anyone else had a similar problem with that series?
I don't have MAC's Bubblegum Crisis 2040 so not sure about the problem u mentioned.
However, I did have quite a few of MAC's HK sets. I didn't have any problems with them at all on any of my cheap to expensive players. Instead, FX dvds were the ones which had given me severe headaches on countless occasions.

Do you just have one dvd player or do you have more? Try the dvds on different players. Sometimes, it could just be the dvd player.
i think joe is just crazy. haha but yeah i think its just our dvd player
yukimoritenchen Wrote:i think joe is just crazy. haha but yeah i think its just our dvd player

Hmm, not if they are out of order. That should be balmed on whoever programed the disk, I think the second volume of the R1 Utena was out of order, and there seems to be nothing you can do about that. But any other problem I would suggest trying a different player. I havent had any problems with HKs, but I've picked up a few bootlegs on NYC's Canal Street that will only work in one of my three players.
yeah im with you i dont hate them its just they have alot of data holes in there discs. they skip and pause alot on my xbox and ps2. they play better in my non region dvd player. btu still they pause , not as bad but still happens. my friend has come to the conclusion that it is caused from data holes. shotty work of putting the discs together. so if it takes more time to release the title to fix these problems im all for it !

-LE
yeah, i knew the problem with it being out of order had to do with the disc, not the player, but my fx tend to play a lot better than my macs, i guess it depends on the player though, cuz japschin finds the opposite too be true
that was really me, my brother was still logged in and i didn't realize
I had problems with just about every HK brand out there when I was using my PS2 to play DVDs. Now that I'm using a Toshiba (and my Panasonic before I burned it out) I haven't had any specific problems with a particular brand.

For the record, my collection is mostly split between MAC and FX with a few other brands in here and there.
i prefer fx over mac and other brands, i dont know why but my collection is mostly fx
I prefer MAC Perfect Collection sets, since more of my FX sets have pixelation problems than my MAC sets.
Zagatto Wrote:I had problems with just about every HK brand out there when I was using my PS2 to play DVDs.

The exact opposite happens to me. Every HK I have works perfectly on my PS2 even if it doesn't work on my PC, Laptop, etc. It's probably due to the fact that I have a V9 PS2, this model was improved.
I haven't had any problems so far with either MAC or FX.
Robojack Wrote:I prefer MAC Perfect Collection sets, since more of my FX sets have pixelation problems than my MAC sets.

i tend to have pixelation problems too, but when i switch to the dvd player in my room or the new progressive scan one i just got, the problems go away.
I have been 50/50 hit or miss with most of the MAC titles I have picked up. I agree that it seems MAC is not as good with their stuff as the others are. On the other hand I have had nothing but good reviews about the FX titles I have purchased
Maybe you purchased some crap non-perfect collections from MAC, since all of my MAC purchases, which include around 12-15 sets, have been spectacular. All of them have much better video quality and are error-free.
MAC is great. The only problem I had with them was during that little span where some of their titles had missing subtitles but they've fixed that problem a long time ago. The only problem I had with MAC was the Ghibli collection in which 15 minutes of one DVD wouldn't read properly on my standalone player and I bought that set nearly two years ago. I've had 2 or 3 FX DVDs that gave me problems and I have alot more MAC DVDs than Fx. I also find the video of MAC to be better and more consistent than FX, the old FX sets have crappy ass video, some of my newer FX sets, have good video, while others still suffer from pixelation and now there are interlace-like problems like Chobits FX. I'm glad MAC stopped just ripping FX sets and starting doing their releases by themselves, it's nice to have 2 different choices when buying a set.

Homeless Joe Wrote:i tend to have pixelation problems too, but when i switch to the dvd player in my room or the new progressive scan one i just got, the problems go away.

The problem is still there though and some people don't have the choice to switch around DVD players and some people will notice these problems whatever the DVD player because they are pickier in video quality than others. It'd be interesting to compare an FX set with a MAC set of the same series on the DVD player that had pixelation on the FX set.

I don't blindly pick one company than another but I'm comfortable buying a MAC set that doesn't have any reviews, but for FX I'll wait for some reviews to be posted first before purchasing it.
Pages: 1 2