Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Im Back!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sup fools, Im back from Alaska! Had a great time there, we caught 12 silver salmon, and 9 halibut. Plus lots of other fun stuff. I wont be on the site alot anymore cuz college starts on the 7th. It was fun while it lasted, but alas it is no more. PEACE!

Jacob Fieth <- Me
Welcome back.

Sounds like fun my friend is stationed in Alaska, she is in the air force. She says it is beautiful up there!

-LE
Cool. I wanna go to Alaska to see the sun never set. Good luck with school Spike.
Nina182B Wrote:Cool. I wanna go to Alaska to see the sun never set. Good luck with school Spike.

except it sets in Alaska, it's the North and South Pole where the sun won't set.
kakomu Wrote:except it sets in Alaska, it's the North and South Pole where the sun won't set.
Thats actually wrong, in around june and july the sun never sets, it gets to about dusk, then comes back up. I lived there for 6 years so I know for a fact.
well, there you go, it set. It didn't disapear. Two different things. In the south and north pole, it will just stay in place and gradually set.
I meant what Spike is talking about. I'll be visiting Alaska next summer and that's one of the things I'm looking forward to. What area were you at Spike? I need to pick a good camping/hiking destination.
Well come back and just because you are off for more school doesn't mean you get to forget about us here. Just post when you can... Hell I am posting more in the last few weeks here in Iraq than I have in 6 months...
Cool! I was flying out to Alaska when you made your post about returning! I just got back from visiting my brother who is stationed in Fort Richardson, Anchorage. It was beautiful out there! I've never seen such amazing mountains before! He and his wife took me on a glacier cruise and I swear they are the most beautiful blue I have ever seen! But you're right, he said it was weird adjusting to the fact that during the summer months it only gets to about twilight before the sun comes back up. He also says he's not looking forward to only a few hours of daylight during the winter. I think that would bother me too.