Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Episodes #4 Outlaw Star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In my once a week continuing thread I do I picked Outlaw Star. Not only is the series in my top 5 of fav's, the art, audio ect are very well done. This week I am even including a link to a site that has a review of every episode for everyone who might not have seen the series recently. My fav episode from the series was "Cats, Girls and Spaceships" This was probably the tear jerker of the series were Jim falls in love with Henmyo the cat girl assasin. At the end of the episode where Jim's plan distroys Hanmyo's ship not knowing she is in it then he rushs back to the space port to wait for her was a very emotional moment in the series. What was you guys and girls fav?

http://www.theotaku.com/outlawstar/
My favorite episode is the last episode( Episode 26: Return to Space ). Outlaw Star ended very well, especially with the little add on when they were all together again and headed off for another adventure. I do wish they would make a second part series. Though it would probably be lacking.

Another episode that was pretty good was Episode 23: The Hot Springs Planet Tenrei, but this is just a guy's opinion. Big Grin
the best is the hot springs episode, i think it was 24 or 25. btu that episode is so funny. i just ordered this set in R1, i want this series in that form cause i think the hk lacks in quality.

and it only cost 35$ for it all brand new !

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:and it only cost 35$ for it all brand new !

-LE

Wow, where did you get it at that price. every where I've looked they were selling it at around $80. Anyway, what a coincidence. I was whatching eps. 4 of Outlaw Star (spooky). but, my favorite Outklaw Star episode has to be eps. 2(or was it 3). After that all the cool Tao Masters are dead.
ArkaidR Wrote:Wow, where did you get it at that price. every where I've looked they were selling it at around $80. Anyway, what a coincidence. I was whatching eps. 4 of Outlaw Star (spooky). but, my favorite Outklaw Star episode has to be eps. 2(or was it 3). After that all the cool Tao Masters are dead.
For some reason this set does go for rather cheap. I have seen it at Suncoast for as cheap as $50 and I often hear about people getting it online for about $35-$40.
Its been a few years, but it was the episode where Jim became friends with the little girl with the two cats. I thought it was sooo well done, when they killed her off that really made the episode really awesome.
Episode 25 was the best. That's the one where Gene uses two many Caster shells and ends up dying. It ruled.
I agree that The Hot Spring episode was rather funny, and I did like the episode but for some reason for how the story was building up and developing it felt alittle out of place where it was placed in the order of the episodes
Well ,
http://www.animenation.com had a 40% off sale a few weeks ago , I went to the site and I was going to get the set on Friday and the sale was supposed to last till Friday and I went on Thursday and I guess they got hit so much they ended it a day early. I was pissed and I wrote a letter to them and I asked why it ended a day early and then I got an email and he didn?t answer me just said he would give me the set at the sale price!

And they are out of stock so I have to wait till they get it this Friday.

They need to continue this series and use the new style of animation, Digital. The whole series was to dark I could barley see a thing. I know it was hand drawn.

-LE
Yeah, that series was made just before digital animation started becoming the standard. But that's not the reason it's too dark. I would blame the darkness on a bad transfer or R1 source, not because it's hand-drawn.
I agree would love to see a sequel, they ended the series the right way to make one. Granted I do like the never digital animation in series like Last Exile and FLCL, but I am old fashion and love the older animation styles. I don't think it would look right to do a follow up sequel to any series changing animation styles to much from the original
Well, there was Angel Links, a kickoff series to Outlaw Star that takes place in the same universe, but stars a different cast of characters. That's about as close of a sequel as you're going to get.
Angel Links sucked and had almost nothing to do with Outlaw Star at all.
Yes, it was pretty bad. It stains the reputation that Outlaw Star created for itself.
Angel links would of been better if they used the same characters and voice actors in outlaw star. the episode they conflict with links. well also i think i can remember the R1's i rented of outlaw star were dark too. well hopefully it wont be the case when i get the new set !

i think after finishing Abenobashi magic shopping arcade, ill watch the hot springs ep.
im out !

-LE
Pages: 1 2