Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Allergies Due to Seasonal Changes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many of you have allergies?

Man...i have allergies whole year round. These few days, my whole system is full of drugs. Can't think properly, can't talk properly, can't walk properly, can't pay attention in classes, sleepy like hell, can't even drive safely.

I usually only needed 1 allergy shot each year for the last 2 years. However, I think I need to go get my 2nd one tomorrow or the day after next. Can't stop sneezing, have to carry a brand new box of tissue papers in my bag to school everyday. Itchy ears, throat and tearing eyes.

Damn....I hate the spring flowers, summer grass and autumn trees. Winter, by far, is the kindest coz everything's dead! Big Grin :p Cool Rolleyes
I'm allergic to tree pollen. So needless to say, I hate the spring time.
This won't really count as an allergy but, during the summer and spring I get frequent nosebleeds for absolutely no reason. It suck cause when it happens in school everyone thinks I'm some crack-head.
ArkaidR Wrote:This won't really count as an allergy but, during the summer and spring I get frequent nosebleeds for absolutely no reason.

You're sure it's not because you're catching a glimpse of someones panties or having dirty thoughts or something? :p
I'm free of seasonal allergies, though my various members of my family are plagued with such allergies. I heard that some people develop allergies later on in their life, so I shouldn't consider myself out of the woods yet.
My neighbor, allergy-free for 65 years....developed full-blown allergies last year. He was admitted into hospital for 3 weeks. Poor guy. Rolleyes

My allergy to pollen is so bad that it developed into asthma last year. :mad:
Japschin Wrote:My neighbor, allergy-free for 65 years....developed full-blown allergies last year. He was admitted into hospital for 3 weeks. Poor guy. Rolleyes

My allergy to pollen is so bad that it developed into asthma last year. :mad:
Sort of like me allergy free... then I arrived in Iraq and bam suddenly I have them... the docs think it is a local plants and when I return I should go back to normal I sure hope so.
From what I've seen, it's mainly due to a change of environment, where you're exposed to new plant life, that you tend to develop allergies as an adult.
I don't have allergies myself, but my fiance gets lots of nosebleeds when he goes from his home on the southern east coast to way up north for school. Our school is in the mountians and the change of air causes him lots of nosebleeds, especially during PT when he's breathing hard. He's ruined so many PT shirts that way.... Rolleyes
No allergies either. Hope I never go through any of that.. Take care Japschin - sounds like hell.
When we moved from New York to North Carolina I developed allergies. They make me miserable.
I used to get gushing nosebleeds just like the anime charas. Sometimes they would not stop for over an hour. Felt like i needed a blood transfusion afterwards. My asthma inhaler set it off too so it was like either you can breathe or your nosebleeds so you breath through your mouth till it stops! I got my nose cauterised a few times. They just stick a little stick with some chemicals in your nose for a few seconds and kinda kill the main veins. It took a few times but now i rarely get nosebleeds anymore.

With allergies i have the 3 big ones: asthma, hayfever (pollen etc), eczema. When one comes they all come. ¬_¬

Japshin - I think one time you said you had eczema. There is a good ointment called pro-topic which does not thin your skin. I use it in combination with chinese herbal medicine. I even got some accupuncture for it and lay like a voodoo doll for about an hour!

I got an allergy test once and practically everything i had a reaction with. T_T It really sucks since i can't eat alot of foods and we shots are banned here. How do the shots work? Is it just for things like pollen or can you get it for food allergies too? How often do you need them and how effective do you find them?
Well it seems i am alergic to some cats and dogs but others i am not.. Haven't fully found out what types. though i do know i was alergic to Morgs cats.. very bad.. But seasonal allergies i don't think i have any.. least i hope i don't.
CrayonShinChan Wrote:Japshin - I think one time you said you had eczema. There is a good ointment called pro-topic which does not thin your skin. I use it in combination with chinese herbal medicine. I even got some accupuncture for it and lay like a voodoo doll for about an hour!

I got an allergy test once and practically everything i had a reaction with. T_T It really sucks since i can't eat alot of foods and we shots are banned here. How do the shots work? Is it just for things like pollen or can you get it for food allergies too? How often do you need them and how effective do you find them?

Did I ever say that I have eczema?? Big Grin :confused: Getting old, don't remember. Hehehe.......i'll try it. Thanks.

Shots: The doctors give us allergy shots. Mainly the shots are for pollen/ seasonal allergies. Actually, I do think that they work pretty well. However, if possible, take a shot every 1/2 a year, especially if you feel weaker in health.
The effects generally start to wear off after 9 mths.
Ur allergy test is the best way to find out what you are allergic to. I'm too lazy to go have mine done since it requires a lot of appointments. My friend did it and he had specific treatments. He's been doing it for, i think 3 years now, his allergy symptons are fast subsiding. Maybe I'll have to go do those tests too.
i hate allergies i need to walk around with a bunch of tissue all the time :mad:
Pages: 1 2