Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Books Recommendations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Andromeda18_ Wrote:It wouldn't hurt you to read more often, you know. Wink

Actually, the last books I read on my own were The Hobbit and all 3 of the Lord of the Ring trilogy. I used to read alot as a kid and still enjoy reading if I can get into a book.
Vicious Wrote:Actually, the last books I read on my own were The Hobbit and all 3 of the Lord of the Ring trilogy. I used to read alot as a kid and still enjoy reading if I can get into a book.

On your own?! Do you usually read books with other people?
I haven't read The Hobbit but I've read the 3 Lord of the Rings. Tolkien really was a genius! To think that he even created a language!

Japschin, you could also try Jean Paul Sartre and Yasunari Kawabata's books. Oh, and you can always read the classics like The Odyssey, The Iliad, War and Peace, Crime and Punishment, etc, etc...
geez, must you two transform each thread into you two bantering back and forth?
If you don't like it, ignore it!
kakomu Wrote:geez, must you two transform each thread into you two bantering back and forth?

whats eating at you? mr grumpy.
Andromeda18_ Wrote:If you don't like it, ignore it!

it's hard to ignore when you guys derail what would be an otherwise decent thread into you two semi-flirting at each other. Why don't you guys reserve this for something like AIM?
I think it's nice to personalize comments to certain people once in a while. Just like with any community, knowing someone in a forum and being able to joke around is fun. I don't think they've gone off topic or anything - they're still talking about and recommending books. If it really annoys you in the future, you don't have to read any comments they make.

I haven't read any of the books you recommended. I will pick up Brave New World next time I'm in the bookstore. I remember you started another topic a while back and compared that with 1984, which I thought was great. I'm looking forward to reading this one and will check out Foundation too.
Sounds to me like the Kak hasn't been getting any lately and he's jealous...
Andromeda18_ Wrote:On your own?! Do you usually read books with other people?
I haven't read The Hobbit but I've read the 3 Lord of the Rings. Tolkien really was a genius! To think that he even created a language!

Actually, I'm still watching Sesame Street and learning the alphabet. :p

I meant 'on my own', as in not required reading for school or work.

I think Kakomu is mad at you because you haven't posted that up close pic for us. Just post it already and get it over with. Big Grin
I've been reading the Mobile Suit Gundam novel, which is far differnet than the series. Tis a good read. ;D
Suz.........................................................is it good??? huh huh huh? :p :eek: Big Grin
Battle Royale probably the best book I have read in a long time. highly recommended.
rarnom Wrote:Battle Royale probably the best book I have read in a long time. highly recommended.

You've been pimping this book for awhile now at pretty much all the forums.
deception point, angles and demons, digital fortress, animal farm, 1984(i think), and some also redwall its a really low level reading book but i like them.
Vicious Wrote:You've been pimping this book for awhile now at pretty much all the forums.

Yeah... people have a tendancy to do that when they really like something.
Pages: 1 2 3 4