Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Trading discrimination
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this is a topic that I wanted to start a long time ago. I've been trading in this forum for more than a year and I've noticed several times a certain discrimination towards the non-US traders. Some traders mention that they will trade in US only and I respect that. Even if I try to trade with them they answer that they don't trade outside US. But my problem is those traders that don't mention any restriction about trading outside US and when I contact them (having items they want) they just don't answer me. They just avoid me. I don't know if this happens with other non-US users but I think people should post on their trading lists if they want to trade with non-US users or not.
Well to be honest Bumperboy it does cost some money to send stuff out of the U.S. I'd trade with yah but you never ask me for anything. :p Plus you can add in the fact it can take up to 14 days to reach you and then you wait 30 days (14 days their and 14 days to send back) to see if the person on the other side of the table kept their bargain.

So let's compare $3-8 for shipping and 10 days max for domestic trading versus $8-17 and 35 days max for international trading not to mention the rare case of stuff being lost in the mail.

But yeah thats bad that people don't say up-front they won't trade international.
tsunami Wrote:Well to be honest Bumperboy it does cost some money to send stuff out of the U.S. I'd trade with yah but you never ask me for anything. :p Plus you can add in the fact it can take up to 14 days to reach you and then you wait 30 days (14 days their and 14 days to send back) to see if the person on the other side of the table kept their bargain.

So let's compare $3-8 for shipping and 10 days max for domestic trading versus $8-17 and 35 days max for international trading not to mention the rare case of stuff being lost in the mail.

But yeah thats bad that people don't say up-front they won't trade international.

Well there are some errors in you argumentation. First of all I usually send at the same time as the other trader so it will take the same time for both (around 7-10 days if it doesn't stop at customs). second shipping for Portugal for a 6 dvd set by global priority flat fee package is 9$USD. that's expensive? I don't think so. and usually it takes 7-10 days to get here which is extremely good. stuff being lost in mail happens all around the world, even sending to our next door neighbour. ^___^ My problem is why people avoid the non-US traders. a simple "sorry I don't trade outside US" is enough.
Yo Bumpyyyy......... Wink
I don't discriminate against international traders. I would gladly trade if I want something from their lists and we agree to send it via the same form of mail. It would be a super ++++++ if the international trader has a fantastic record, like yourself.
However, there are some factors I take into considerations:
1. I'm a lazy bum. I hate the hassle of standing in line at the P.O. Domestically, I could just print my labels at home and drop them off at the P.O. Big Grin
2. Internationally, if without tracking/insurance, I'm always afraid of the packages getting lost.
3. I would definitely hate it if the customs confiscate the stuffs or take some of the stuffs out of the package and the other trader would think that I did not send whatever promised.

I'm sorry about the times being a PITA. I'm kind of picky because I've either seen a lot of stuffs or already own them. I did explain it to u b4. :o
As for replying to pms, I will 99.9% reply them unless it slip my ailing mind later if I don't reply to them immediately. Wink :p
I can't blame people if they don't want to trade internationally. In addition to costs, Japschin has listed some other very valid points as well.

I don't think your issue is necessarily with international trading, but more so with people not responding to your PM's. That is not just specific to you. I'm domestic and I've had it where people don't respond to trade PM's either. It pisses me off too. People should at least take the time to say 'Sorry, but I'm not interested.' But this happens to everyone and not just international traders as yourself.
Vicious Wrote:I don't think your issue is necessarily with international trading, but more so with people not responding to your PM's. That is not just specific to you. I'm domestic and I've had it where people don't respond to trade PM's either. It pisses me off too. People should at least take the time to say 'Sorry, but I'm not interested.' But this happens to everyone and not just international traders as yourself.

That's my point but it seems that US traders suffer from the same. I don't blame them from not wanting to trade internationally. Japschin made it clear that there are a lot of negative aspects when trading internationally and I understand if us traders don't want to trade abroad.
I'm just making a request for people to be a little more comprehensive and reply as soon as they can.
yeah.
i would trade you but the weight of my trade compared to yours is very diffrent ! so the shipping is the only reason i have no other reasons why i dont trade with you or other intrenational memebers !

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:yeah.
i would trade you but the weight of my trade compared to yours is very diffrent ! so the shipping is the only reason i have no other reasons why i dont trade with you or other intrenational memebers !

-LE

Uhm as I recall our trade was 12 dvds for 12 dvds so I guess it's the same weight. but that's not the problem. you sent me a pm when you noticed that you couldn't pay for the shipping and I appreciate that you warned me before sending.
Big Grin
yeah .
and i still dont im scraping by as it is i need more money !
i wish everything was free that would be great !

-LE
Last Exile Wrote:i wish everything was free that would be great !
[/COLOR]

This kid is like the Nox3020 of this forum. Everytime I think he couldn't possibly top himself, he does.
Hey Vicious... don't knock him for that.
It would be kind of cool if everything was free. The trick would be giving people the incentive to create anything. This was the original idea behind communism. It's great if everyone contributes to the system but all it takes is a brief look at any of the communist countries in the world to see how human spirit works in that system.

Keep on dreaming LE. Nice dreams but unlikely... besides... the way you've been talking is that you just want things for free without having to work for them... that system is known as a parasitic one... is that how you want to be viewed?
Zagatto Wrote:Hey Vicious... don't knock him for that.
It would be kind of cool if everything was free. The trick would be giving people the incentive to create anything. This was the original idea behind communism. It's great if everyone contributes to the system but all it takes is a brief look at any of the communist countries in the world to see how human spirit works in that system.

Who doesn't want everything for free? But I look at the practical side of things. As you've pointed out, Communism has already proven that doesn't work. LE likes to live in his imaginary world or pipe dreams and contradictions. I'd love to be there when reality finally hits him.
Vicious- Communism has already proven that doesn't work
Zagatto- a brief look at any of the communist countries in the world
Now im not personally in favour of the communism as a political ideal but alot of people seem to have an unjust predudence against it. The idea of communism(marx/engels) was quite a noble one and certainly an improvement on the uncaring capitalism pervading post industrial revolution Europe.
Now the catch was that it required violent revolution to implement since it conflited with the interests of so many powerful individuals at the time.
This enabled dubious characters like Stalin/Mao to gain power and create corupt systems even more uncaring than the preceding ones.
People sometimes forget the abysmal condtions in these countries before communism(there were stills serfs(peasant slaves) in Russia :eek: ) and though the price was far too high, it improved many people lives and did a huge amount to prevent the facist domination of europe. The fact that 1/3 of all the productive capacity of soviet union was destroyed in WW2 may have slightly limited its prosperity Rolleyes .
It was definately flawed but given an image it dosnt deserve by the mutilated form adopted in Russia, China etc.
I read the communist manifesto quite recently and I think marx/engels would be almost as disgusted as you are by what happened under guys like stalin.
Apologies for the length but this forum is called rants and raves Smile .
Ossie Wrote:I read the communist manifesto quite recently and I think marx/engels would be almost as disgusted as you are by what happened under guys like stalin.
Apologies for the length but this forum is called rants and raves Smile .

Well, I read Animal Farm and you saw how that turned out!!! Wink
Zagatto Wrote:It would be kind of cool if everything was free. The trick would be giving people the incentive to create anything. This was the original idea behind communism. It's great if everyone contributes to the system but all it takes is a brief look at any of the communist countries in the world to see how human spirit works in that system.

Actually, we have seen that the communism in large scales does not work. However, it has been proven that a small scale communism could work greatly. There are small towns in Israel that adopted a communist system, and they had great successes.

A couple nights ago, I went to watch a local high school volleyball game and witnessed a very ugly side of capitalism. In the middle of gym was a permanant sign post that advertised a local engineering company. It seems that the high school gym program was a little short on money and took the money from them in exchange for advertisement. In the music building, they were in the process of putting a sign that says "The music program sponsored by such and such corporation" We are talking about high school here. What's wrong with this picture?
Pages: 1 2