Import Anime Forums

Full Version: How is the FUSHIGI YUGI Dubbed Set from Anime Studio?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do anyone have the FUSHIGI YUGI Dubbed Set from Anime Studio and how is the dubbing on it?

I plan on getting this set.
I heard the video was a little washed out compared to the MI/AC set, other than that I guess its ok if you like dubs. I personally think they don't convey the proper emotion as the subtitled version.
Do you think the Subtitle version is better?
I disagree, the dub for Fushigi Yuugi is very good, for dub standards. Everyone's voice fits them (Even if Sandy Fox does Chiriko -_-) but I suggest you chose by the way you like to see anime. If you like dubs, get that set, the dub for FY is great. If you prefer subs, get the MI set.
The dub was not very good. I remember that Chichiri said 'doncha know' after almost every sentance instead of the real 'no da' and his voice wasn't high enough.

You definantly want it subtitled. They do have the right amount of emotion.
Quote:Originally posted by "dvd_master"

The dub was not very good. I remember that Chichiri said 'doncha know' after almost every sentance instead of the real 'no da' and his voice wasn't high enough.

You definantly want it subtitled. They do have the right amount of emotion.

Actually, he didn't say "Dontcha know" he just said "Ya know?" cause there's no translation to "No da," such as there's no translation to "Oro." Also, if you knew anything about Seki Tomokazu, that's not even a natural voice, he was straining his voice to play that part. Chichiri's dub voice is perfect, especially fitting in the OVA (Personally, it seems everyone was voiced better in the OVA).

And personally, Fushigi Yuugi has one of the better dubs out there, in my own humble opinion. To one his own, I guess. Seeing their HK DVDs, you could always just get the MI set AND the AS set, then you have the sub and the dub, and you can decide.
I heard the dub for Fushigi Yugi really sucked. Though I don't agree that dubs suck. I prefer subs yes but dubs are cool too. I love Kenshin dubbed and everyone thinks I'm an ass because of it. Oh well, it just based on first impression and overall preference. I first saw Kenshin dubbed (the DVD's Japanese audio was screwed up). However after listening to the Japanese audio I found out that I prefered the dub anyways. Go figure. :mrgreen: I was watching Fushigi Yugi subbed. :mrgreen:
Quote:Seeing their HK DVDs, you could always just get the MI set AND the AS set, then you have the sub and the dub, and you can decide.

I don't think I have that type of money laying around. I'll probably just get the dubbed version.