Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Urusei Yatsura
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone has watched this series and what they thought. I have been rolling the idea back and forth for awhile now and was just curious about what other people thought about the series.

Thanks
Its a great series it ran 300 episodes in Japan not including the six movies and six oavs. Some may say the series is a little outdated, but to me its still hilarious. The second movie Beautiful Dreamer is one of my favorite anime movies of all time. Its early Rumiko Takahashi stuff, but some of the ideas were so ahead of her time. Animeigo has been releasing them for sometime now, I don't think they are done with the whole series yet.
They're not done yet. Also, I believe it's 200 episodes, not 300. And I have some of it up for trade if anyones interested in checking out my list.
Quote: I believe it's 200 episodes, not 300.

Actually, the original TV series has 195 episodes, 212 if you count the 6 movies and 11 OAVs (these OVAs were released in the US over 6 tapes).

For details, see:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop....php?id=90 (TV series)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclop...php?id=653 (OAVs; not much info here)
I have yet to watch all the Anime episodes (last seen 125 me thinks^^). However, I've read the entire manga sometime ago so I know the full story... i've seen the movies, OVA's, and even own the complete music box (15 cd's of UY raw music goodness. Expensive as hell but well worth it.) A true classic that even influenced Kajishima's Tenchi series. Probably up there as one of my all time favorite comedy manga. Big Grin
rugrats1 Wrote:Actually, the original TV series has 195 episodes, 212 if you count the 6 movies and 11 OAVs (these OVAs were released in the US over 6 tapes).

You knew what I meant. I was going off the top of my head. I knew I was in the right vicinity though.
i really enjoyed beautiful dreamer, i would also have to say it's one of my favorite movies Smile