Import Anime Forums

Full Version: FX Crest of Stars/Banner of Stars Set is NOT COMPLETE!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FX Crest of Stars/ Banner I & II is CONFUSING!! Crest of the Stars is supposed to be 13 episodes, it lists it as 13 episodes on the episode count on the gatefold package BUT the menu disk counts for Crest is as follows: Disk 1 1-4 with each episode being 23 mins... Disk 2 5-7 with each episode being 23 mins... so where is episodes 8-13? That's 6 episodes missing ! ? ! {Edit} I'm a BAKA! They are there, there is an invisible arrow after episode 7 to access the other episodes! Gomen!! Disk 3 contains 9 episodes of Banner I, Disk 4 contains 10-13 episodes of Banner I and 1-4 episodes of Banner II and Disk 5 contains episodes 5-10 of Banner II.

Disk 2 won't even access Extras, it just goes back to the menu.

Anybody else upset with this ? ! ? :mad:
LOL Amethyst, you're being too hasty.

On Disc 2's menu, scroll right past episode 7, and you'll see a highlighted arrow that'll lead you to more episodes. Rinse and repeat for episode 10-13.

I know, it's an odd episode distribution. Big Grin If it helps, ALL the episodes of the entire series are present, including the 30-minute prologue on the last disc.

Hope that helps.

Please disregard this thread, everyone, and don't let it deter you from purchasing this excellent set.
yes the episodes are there ...but there's a problem with DVD 2

Like it's said in Arctic NightFall : "On disc 2 eps 8, 9 and 10, I can't seem to rewind the dvd. I can only fast forward. Also, on eps 12, the ending and next episode preview was replaced by a repeat of the second and third part of eps 12. On eps 13, the Prelude was replaced by the 4th part of eps 12" Sad
Yep, I'm a BAKA!! Those episodes are there, the arrow is invisible so you don't even see it on the menu... too bad my set won't play episodes 8 or 13, and episode 10 plays episode 9, and episode 12 only plays half of the episode... Sorry for the scare guys... but I tried chapter skipping to other episodes after episode 7 which doesn't work, btw... and I hunted all over that disk 2 menu for a "more" button...

Oh well, maybe others won't make the same mistake I did when I went thru the set!!
Looks like we will need to wait for another FX fix-em-up job... Rolleyes This is why I always wait at least 3-4 months after a set is released before purchasing, just to make sure all the bugs are worked out... Wink
My set worked fine, rarnom. I think it's either a bad disc or the dvd player that caused the others' bad performance.
Bandai is gonna release a complete collection of both Banner of the Stars I and II in the next couple of months l, pretty cheap too, you can find them for around 30$ each setike they did Crest of Stars, I already pre-ordered both of them.
Robojack Wrote:My set worked fine, rarnom. I think it's either a bad disc or the dvd player that caused the others' bad performance.

What about video, subtitles and audio quality? Is it good? I read the review posted on the site but I'd like a second opinion.
Robojack Wrote:My set worked fine, rarnom. I think it's either a bad disc or the dvd player that caused the others' bad performance.

Mine plays fine...the problem is that DVD 2 has stuff missing...

Wonder if Flora will fix this DVD , or already has some replacements for it ???

Anyone knows?
Can you elaborate on that, Swan? What in particular is missing? I may have overlooked it when viewing it.
Robojack Wrote:Can you elaborate on that, Swan? What in particular is missing? I may have overlooked it when viewing it.

on eps 12, the ending and next episode preview was replaced by a repeat of the second and third part of eps 12. On eps 13, the Prelude was replaced by the 4th part of eps 12

I checked my FX version and it has that problems in DVD 2...

I also have MAC's version of Crest (1-13) and it's not missing those Rolleyes
I will check that out on my copy.

Edit: I've checked it out my disc 2, and it appears to be having the same problem as your copy, Swan. I may have skipped the first two discs, since I also have the MAC set, It seems that episode 13 on the FX set is nearly unwatchable, at least for the first half. This is a problem that will have to be remedied. It's a good thing that you and I also own the MAC set, which fortunately does not suffer from this problem.
ANYWAY... Given Flora's recent track record, he does fix up these problems. It is just a question of how quickly... He did fix up GTO, Outlaw Star (recent pressings had errors and then were fixed), and Inuyasha vol. 2 pretty quickly. The Bebop set did sit for a while before he fixed that one up, but it had pretty minor problems, but it was nice to get those extras subbed finally...
rarnom Wrote:ANYWAY... Given Flora's recent track record, he does fix up these problems. It is just a question of how quickly... He did fix up GTO, Outlaw Star (recent pressings had errors and then were fixed), and Inuyasha vol. 2 pretty quickly. The Bebop set did sit for a while before he fixed that one up, but it had pretty minor problems, but it was nice to get those extras subbed finally...

Yes he usually fixes these problems...but i don't know if he has fixed them already...

Maybe JJ knows Rolleyes ?
I got my dvd from sphiatt and the third and fifth disk won't play at all. My dvd or laptop can't read it. I hope I get my replacement disks soon.