Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Star Ocean?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have a question regarding Star Ocean. It's coming out on R1 soon, if my ailing brain remembers correctly.
Just wondering how is it like? Good story? Good animation? What is it about actually?
Hey Japschin,

Regarding Star Ocean EX, the story pretty much follows the story of Star Ocean 2 manga (which is very identical to the game itself), which is pretty good in general. However, the animation is pretty standard for the time it was made. However, there was supposed to be a second season for this series, which was cancelled promptly after the manga's discontinuation, so the story will feel quite unfinished. To answer what the story's about, it's pretty about a boy who's the son of a decorated captain that gets thrown onto another world via an ancient transporter device, and his adventures on that particular world. Any more detail, and you'll have to get someone else to explain it to you, or better yet, play Star Ocean 2 for the Playstation (PS1), since the story is actually quite deep.

All in all, it's a decent series, with lots of interesting characters, and a few laughs on the way. Hope that helps.
Thanks Robo. It did help. Hmmmmmmmmmmm unfinished huh? I really hate watching animes with either open-ended endings or lack of it.

Heh.....should go get myself a PS1 to play the game then.

Thanks again!
or get a ps2 and play it .
or wait till the ps3 comes out and play your ps, ps2 and ps3 gmaes on it and tape some tv cause i hear it is a tvio as well !

-LE
star ocean 3 anyone ?
i think US version due out this month.
Indeed it is, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is out at the end of this month. Visit the corresponding thread in the Video Games section for people's predictions and opinions on this title.
I hope the anime is good. I didn't like the game too much but then again I only played the second story so I wasn't too into it.