Import Anime Forums

Full Version: ImaginAsian TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey,

well i was looking around the web to see more anime on tv and i stumbled upon this . this channel looks awesome. below is there about us :

About Us:

Premiering August 2004, ImaginAsian TV is the first and only nationwide 24-hour television network to promote and serve the diverse cultures that comprise the Asian American community. Just as MTV and BET helped usher in youth and hip-hop culture into mainstream America, we are committed to infusing the current television landscape with the best Asian/Asian American media content available.

Minorities have traditionally been under-represented by the mainstream media. Although inroads have been made with some ethnic groups, Asian Americans (AA) have been virtually ignored. African Americans have BET, which is already into its third decade and Hispanics have been respresented by Univision and Telemundo for decades. As for cable, there are already a handful of networks serving the Hispanic market and there are numerous African-American and Hispanic networks in the pipeline. In this landscape, where is the national network for Asian Americans?

Use your ImaginAsian.

There's still no denying that the majority of Asian images we encounter in mainstream culture are caricatures and stereotypes. The simple lack of images presents a one-dimensional characterization that marginalizes our complexities, differences, and experiences as human beings. It's time we stepped out of the shadows and joined the rich chorus of voices that make up the greatest melting pot the world has ever seen. It is time to ...

Use your ImaginAsian.

ImaginAsian TV is wholly owned and operated by ImaginAsian Entertainment, Inc. The long-term vision of ImaginAsian Entertainment is to create and launch a series of Asian networks, beginning with ImaginAsian TV, devoted to providing televised entertainment, news, and information to all the major sub-segments of the Asian American community. Ultimately, the Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Indian and South East Asian networks will provide unprecedented access for advertisers seeking the fastest growing, most upscale, ethnic segment in the U.S.

-----------------
Well anyone intrested? i just requested the channel it needs to be on my tv baby. they are showing : Votoms, the twelve kingdoms, space pirate mito, Patlabor, and figure 17.

check into the channel more here :
http://www.iatv.tv/index.php

let me know what you think .

-LE
Wow that looks cool. I wish i got that channel.
Sounds like a cool channel. I wonder what kind of programs they will have?
click the link they have lists of stuff they are showing.
they are going to show :
sports, anime, tv shows, movies and specials.

im going to go to comcast on monday and try to get this channel.

-LE
They're showing Damo! I have to watch that show.

Will the show even be subbed? If it ain't then it'll be completely useless for me except for cantonese shows but then I can just get Fairchild instead which I've never considered getting in the first place. Anyways I just download the stuff instead, you can find plenty of anime, asian dramas and movies subbed out there and in good quality.
i cant believe no one else is having anything to say about this channel !
it seems cool and i hope i can get it through comcast !

-LE