Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Star Ocean:Till The End Of ATime Opinions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought I would set up a thread about the new Star Ocean for PS2. I think it looks really good and I am definetly thinking of buying it. But I dont know yet, what do you think?
If you have any potential doubts, see if you can rent it at a video place first to see if it makes your grade before shelling out the x amout of dollars it costs to buy
good idea. I probably should do that
Well, it's likely going to suck to a certain extent, considering there's no option to switch to Japanese VAs. From most videos I've seen, the english VAs sound awful, especially in comparison to the high-budget Japanese cast that was used. I don't want goofy or awkward sounding voice acting to ruin my Star Ocean gaming experience.

I'll probably still get it, but I'll probably turn off the voices (which the game will allow you to do, thank goodness). I'll probably also get the Japanese version sometime.
I agree Robo Jack, the voices do sound pretty crappy. The voices don't really bother me in games though. I still think the game looks good, even though I haven't played any of the other Star Ocean games.
You should play the other Star Ocean games specially Star Ocean: the second story for PSX is great so give it a try
I live in BC Canada, does anyone know where I might get a copy of the Second Star Ocean besides EB. Perferably for a good price.
Your best bet would be Ebay. You would not believe some of the games that you can get there, even the rarest ones. A couple months ago, I was able to buy an unopened, BRAND-NEW copy of Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for the PS1. This game is SUPER rare to find anywhere, even in used stores, and it's around 7 years old, and to find one that was sealed made me very happy.

In other words, you should be able to find a copy (maybe even a brand-new one)without a problem, and for a very decent price.
Thanks, Ill try E-bay.
Skipping through everything past the first post, I'm busy;
I for one plan to try & get the game the first day it's out, same with the new street fighter game Smile
cant wait for it
Just today I put down five bucks on star ocean Big Grin

I also put down a 5 dollar deposit on Phantom Brave, & the new street fighter game...

I probably wouldn't have, but Mike said they'd likely only get about 4 copies of each in :eek:
The game will finally be released here in Europe on the 1st of October and the awesome thing is that the game comes with an exclusive bonus DVD which includes exclusive interviews with the development team, artwork from the game, excerpts from the soundtrack, and trailers of upcoming titles including Final Fantasy XII!! They had better give us some sort of compensation because we have to wait much longer for the games than you guys from the US. Also, Final Fantasy XI which will be released on the 16th of September will already include both the "Rise of Zilart" and "Chains of Promathia" expansion packs. Sugoi!! Big Grin
The game is great, the battle system is exactly like the second one, 2 DVD, now you're talking

Bad part is in the backcover, it says 175KB of memory needed for the game but it really needs 1.4MB because of the trophy gallery. I had to buy a Memory card because I didn't have much space left on it.

The cutscene reminds me of Xenosaga, nicely done

Peter (watching Zone of the Enders TV Dual Audio)
I got my copy yesterday, but I have to admit, the dubbing is killing me. While average in the North American voice acting scene, it's definitely nothing compared to the Japanese version, where Fayt is voiced by Hoshi Souichirou (Kazuma in Scryed, Kira Yamato in Gundam SEED). Luckily, the option is available to turn off the voices, so it's good. Considering the game's nearly 2 years old, it looks spectacular..
Pages: 1 2