Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Best Episodes #2 .Hack // Sign
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I plan on doing the fav episode thread for two more weeks with 2 other series yet to be determined at that point I will see wether I should keep it going or if I should kill the thread
Definitely keep on going with these kinds of threads, Mantis. I feel it's a great way to allow everyone to share their memorable moments in various animes. It also allows us to see which series are more popular amongst members of the board. You have my full support.
Yah, I agree, this is a public board and you should just do whatever you want. I mean that is what this is for right?? anime discussion means exactly that; a DISCUSSION of anime... Rolleyes I could not care less about how much anyone posts. It is your right, and your posts aren't rude or off topic so who cares?

I think these threads are cool and when you do a show I have seen then I'll be glad to give my opinion...

anyway, my fave Excel Saga episode is basically any ep with Pedro. (best english VA ever...)
When you look at a series lick .Hack it can almost be hard to pick out a fav episode because the series almost plays like one big continueing movie. I did have its bright points. The music is wonderfully dark and matches the series good art wise it is done very good. I agree with one of the earier posts that the flash back episode to a degree was a waste of an episode though
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
I plan on doing the fav episode thread for two more weeks with 2 other series yet to be determined at that point I will see wether I should keep it going or if I should kill the thread

You'll probably have to eventually change the title/format of the thread. Most of these are gonna end up being more of a discussion of the series as a whole rather than individual episodes. Because like I stated earlier, Bebop is an exception. But with most anime series, noone really remembers individual episodes.
I fully understand what you are saying Vicious, you guys might not see a thread in my little series on an anime like Series Experiment Lain. I am still questioning if I will use any of the OVA if I can't think of another one week. My thread will change and evole as we go one
.hack//sign was an "average" show for me. IMO .hack//sign was too boring and not cool. I mean all they do is talk and little action and what was up with the ending, the ending sucked, I mean they were about to fight the enemy that thing or whatever it was and then the screen blanked out and the ending credits started played, and I am like wtf the ending to envangelion and his and her circumstances is better than that lol. However I do have to agree that the Episode that Tsukasa had to care for that grunty and it died later was kinda sad. But I think you guys should watch .hack// Legend of the Twilight Bracelet because it has a plot and action. And it is quite touching in a way, can't really explain. ^^
You haven't seen episode 28, have you? Otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about the ending. I think you may change your mind about the ending after watching it.

And .hack//sign is more of a drama series than an action series or any other genre. If you enjoy action, comedy, and plots of epic proportions instead of hours upon hours of conversation (hey, I admit it's not for everyone!), then I can see where you're coming from. .hack//Sign is very character driven, and unless you get attached to them somewhat, it's unlikely you'll be able to stand it for the entire series. It's one of those series you either like a lot, or hate.
Isn't episode 28 the episode: Gift. If it is then I have already seen it. Isn't it the one that has messed up animation and the characters look all funny and stuff. I think I saw that episode on the .hack//Quarantine game set with the second disk Liminality. The episode was included on the extras of the dvd. Episode 28 was cool if it is what I am talking about.
Ryoku, I doubt anything from the Liminality DVD would be found on the .hack//Sign set, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen episode 28. And no, the episode isn't named "Gift", and it's drawn in regular .hack//sign style (otherwise it wouldn't be .hack//sign, but rather Liminality). The episode is titled "Unison", you should definitely watch it if you get the chance.
the last episode is the best.

anyway, this type of thread would work a lot better with series that have a lot of stand alone episodes. some examples would be:

FLCL
Trigun (first 10 are kinda stand alone)
Excel Saga
Rurouni Kenshin (the enourmous amount of filler plus some really cool eps that are story driven)

Thats about all I can think of...
Quote:Originally posted by Robojack
Ryoku, I doubt anything from the Liminality DVD would be found on the .hack//Sign set, I'm pretty sure you haven't seen episode 28. And no, the episode isn't named "Gift", and it's drawn in regular .hack//sign style (otherwise it wouldn't be .hack//sign, but rather Liminality). The episode is titled "Unison", you should definitely watch it if you get the chance.

Does the FX box set includes eps 27 &28? or its just like it says 1-26, if it doesnt have where can I find it?
the very last episode on the FX release is 28 were they are all happy and dancing in Net Slum
Quote:Originally posted by Seijuro Hiko
Does the FX box set includes eps 27 &28? or its just like it says 1-26, if it doesnt have where can I find it?
Yes, the FX set of .hack//Sign does include episode 26-28. It's a nice little extra, I'm glad they added it.
I fully understand how some people who watched .Hack might of gotten board. It is really not targeted toward the DBZ generation type anime fans. It is a drama that I think had Adult viewers in mind when they made it. True I get into stuff like Outlaw Star and FLCL but I liked it because it does not insult your intelegence
Pages: 1 2 3