Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Flame War vs. Debate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote:Originally posted by Last Exile
i think every topic is like a flame war , everyone has there own oppinons so then it becomes a heated debate and then that is when the flames heat up. so if you post something you like then there is someone else that hates that thing.

so it is not possible to not have flaming in topics so there is no diffrence hell even this topic i bet is a flame war, with two sides to choose in this VS. match !

-LE

That's not true! If someone hates something I love I'll respect it! People have different opinions, it's a normal thing and there's no reason for me to insult a person just because she doesn't agree with me.
You are right Andromeda, I have one thread that Dark Osamu and me have been talking on that has gone one for a few days now. It is a subject we have common interest in. we casually disagree on certain things but it has never turned into a flanme war
Schultz and I have had many heated discussions... some based on no real foudation..(What if stuff) but I think that helped us to be better friends.
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
You are right Andromeda, I have one thread that Dark Osama and me have been talking on that has gone one for a few days now. It is a subject we have common interest in. we casually disagree on certain things but it has never turned into a flanme war

hahahaha. Be careful with spelling. You have been talking to who?
oops yeah I know their is 2 people who I will leave nameless that if you mispell their screen name you will never hear the end of it
Quote:Originally posted by Mantis421
oops yeah I know their is 2 people who I will leave nameless that if you mispell their screen name you will never hear the end of it

Who? Who? I wanna know. Give me a hint.
well Vicious not saying anything bad toward you at all because you were fully in the right to when it happened but about a week ago someone did with yours, and for some reason when you got done with the person I could just picture someone in tears reading their monitor. lol cruely funny because I laugh
Really? I don't even remember. But if you say so.

So give me hints. I'm assuming one of them was supposed to be me, I guess. Although I honestly dont care too much. Even Tiffany Grant misspelled my name on my signed Azumanga Daioh box. You can see the part where she tries writing over it to cover it up. Hopefully she gets it right on my Aquarian Age box.
The other person was not one of our every day posters thats why I am tring to remember the name, but I remember this person used profanity to correct the person who mispelled the name
Imagine how furious I get when people insist on capitalizing my name...Wink The worst spelling one was on AN when someone kept on calling me rarMON. But, you know that I am not the type to make a stink about it...
My last name is Szilvagyi... I've gotten used to having my name misspelled and mispronounced... it's why I've put the phonetics for it on my business card.
lol I would definately ask you to say it to me once before I made a fool of myself and tried to butcher it by saying it
I miss going to school and getting to listen to the teacher during roll call.
It's usually something like Joe... ummmm.... Joe... then I say here... then they ask how I say my name and I answer "with pride!"
for me its more amusing because I had my 10 year reunion just recently. When you have to introduce yourself at the begaining of the semester I always get these looks from the 18-21 crowd, I don't think they trust me
I once created a topic on Gamesfaq (which I am now banned from (GIMPS!)) Which was asking questions about DBZ. One of the questions was is Maijin Buu stronger than Kid Buu? about 4 people saying that Kid Buu is stronger and another 4 saying that Majin Buu is stronger. And then someone says 'Kid Buu is more insane so he would win!' Since when has insanity mattered in DBZ? That lasted for 60 pages on vain crap! Over and Over again! I think when two people try to flame each other on YOUR topic you just need to say 'get the hell out of my topic you gossiping Hens!'
Pages: 1 2 3