Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Busted Monitor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we bought our monitor a few years back, we got a cheapy one for $100 and it just decided to go out on us yesterday. So for anyone that cares (although I'm sure many don't), if you don't see me posting as much in the near future, you'll know why. I can't get on the internet from my home for now. Heck, I can't do anything from my computer from home for now. All my posting will have to be from work or from friends' houses.
Hadn't seen any of you the last day or so thought you might have taken the weekend off or something, messed up thing about your monitor though
that sucks. I would go nuts without a computer at home...:eek:
I hate it when you get cut off so quickly like that so I sympathise... Ive had to move into a temporary house at the moment and we can only get like a certain amount of hours on a 56k modem a week (we were lucky to get that) and we cant get sky tv... Ive gone from having both to practicaly having none and its so hard to deal with being cut off from the world! Well at least I have a monitor though so its not that bad lol...
Mine has a big brown spot in the corner. I need a new good one.
I had my old monitor for about 5-6 years. After 4 years it got a yellow twinge to it but it acted like a radiation buffer. Then i got my new lcd 17" and my eyesight gets worse and worse.

Anyway hope u get fixed soon or lone behold we might have to do the bitchin ourselves. Big Grin
Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought LCDs were supposed to be less harsh on your eyes, since it doesn't project as much light and radiation as CRTs.
I have like 7 extra monitors so I'll never have a problem of not going without a monitor. Too bad they are all like crappy 14-15 inch ones.
you don't project radiation. You Emit it.

Second, LCDs aren't Dimmer than CRT.

It's either the refresh rate or the fluorescence of the CRT that hurts your eyes.
Quote:Originally posted by Vicious
So for anyone that cares (although I'm sure many don't), if you don't see me posting as much in the near future, you'll know why.

I care! I always enjoy reading your witty posts. Wink Hope you get a new monitor soon. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Andromeda18_
I care! I always enjoy reading your witty posts. Wink Hope you get a new monitor soon. Smile

Yaaaay. Someone cares about me. . . just not enough to post those pics I've been asking for. Wink
i still have a 17'' flat pannel i need to send to dell.
they didnt pick it up so i guess they dont want it and also i havent heard a damn thing sayign they want it !
weird, also i have my mom asking for it cause hse has a 15'' CRT monitor. should i contact dell and ask if they want it or should i jsut keep it and if they do tell them it was picked up ?

im evil Big Grin
-LE