Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Inuyasha Coming To An End?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to Arctic Nightfall, a poster mentioned that the Inuyasha anime series will close with an hour-long finale (episodes 166 and 167). No word on if the manga will continue (like Ranma 1/2), or if the finale is where the manga ends.
I hope so!

I hate when there's a good story that sets up a great goal but just goes on and on forever. I look at Boy Detective Conan (or whatever it's called) and think they set up a great story that should have run 26 or even up to 52 episodes. Instead they keep flogging it with worse and worse episodes. They should have ended it on a positive note.

So for the sake of Inu Yasha, I hope they end it with a solid finale.
Inyuyasha is a pretty good anime, but I agree it has gotten long in the tooth at times
wow it is really long i had no idea they had that many episodes
Though it is funny with all the episodes of Inyuyasha that they have made you still will see the same epidode usually at least 2 times in a month on CN's Adult Swim
CN only dubbed 52 episdoes of IYS and they wanted to sit around and wait to see the series would do good in the U.S.A. Then again I think IYS will end on a good note. I love long series but if you start to cheapen the episodes then I don't like it.
Well look at any TV series anime or LA when they get longer. You start getting these episodes that are all flash backs, stories that seem filler ect you get the picture. Inyuyasha is no exception their is a handful of episodes that after you watch them you figure they didn't need to make that
I hope it'll end, example of a a series that should've ended sooner is Rurouni Kenshin (after the Shishio fight. Once you've done something really great that its hard to make something better thats when you need to finish it, same with athletes: Jordan shouldn't have come back after he won the final Camp. with the Bulls.
There's word from that aforementioned thread that after the TV series ends, a 4th threatrical movie will be released, presumably to wrap up the series.
Well with all the side movies you see with series that come out when Cowboy Bebop, Trigun and even a .Hack //Sign movie would of been nice to see The cowboy bebop movie that came out was pretty good depending on if you watched the dub or subtitles version but its nice to do to keep a series popularity strong even if the series has run its course
The thing that differs Inu Yasha from anime series such as Kenshin, is that the Inu Yasha TV series is actually following the manga in terms of plot, so the manga's to blame for being so long. It's quite similar to Naruto, which is also following the manga quite closely. I admit, the story sometimes frustrated me, since even at episode 160 (yes, I've been following the series for several years now), Naraku is still alive and getting his henchmen to do his dirty work for him (the bastard needs to DIE!). However, when the anime is long because it's closely following the manga, there's no reason to complain, unless you want what happened to Kenshin or Chobits happen to Inu Yasha. Alas, I'm uncertain right now whether the IY anime series is ending because the manga is ending or if the producers finally decided to call it quits (though, I'm guess the former).

The Rurouni Kenshin TV series, on the other hand, had its second half (after the Shishio arc) completely made up by producers, since the mangaka (manga artist) who drew the Kenshin manga took a small break from drawing the manga, and the TV series had already caught up to the manga at that point. So instead of waiting for the mangaka to resume the manga and allowing the TV series to likewise take a break, the producers decided to forward with the series and make up their own stories. That's what annoys me so much about Kenshin. If the TV series had followed the Jinchuu Arc, where Enishi comes back and 'kills' Kaoru as a form of punishing Kenshin, then I wouldn't have cared if the series went past 100 episodes, or even 120. The Jinchuu arc was easily as long as, if not longer, than the entire Kyoto arc with Shishio. That's how long and powerful that arc was.

*Spoilers*
The Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OVA butchered the Jinchuu story to a crumbsized morsel compared to the actual plot, which has Saitoh, Kaoru, Aoshi actually coming back to fight alongside Kenshin against Enishi and his Chinese henchmen. Plus, you see Sanosuke perfect his Futae no Kiwami (so it doesn't destroy his hand everytime he uses it), as well as Yahiko, who becomes a superb fighter who's capable of catching enemy blades with his bare fingers (eat that, Himura!).
*/Spoilers*

I'm telling you this, because most of you will probably never know what REALLY is supposed to happen in the Rurouni Kenshin storyline, unless you've read the manga.

The BOTTOM LINE is, if an anime series is long because it follows the manga's plot, then we really shouldn't complain. If a series is long because the producers altered the story or made up their own BS most of the time, then complain all you want.

Btw, I'd like to apologize for this long post, but I want you guys to appreciate how much InuYasha had stuck to the manga's storyline, and for THAT reason, it was long.
I forgot to add one more thing. As someone who has watched InuYasha for so many years, I'm both glad, and a little sad to see the series finally end. I've become very attached to all the main characters over the years, and I felt many of the not-so-serious episodes (which sometime stray from the manga) were very useful in creating that bond between the viewers and the characters. I'm sure the viewers in Japan are feeling the same way, since the series has been on the air for so long there for a good reason.
Quote:Originally posted by tsunami
CN only dubbed 52 episdoes of IYS and they wanted to sit around and wait to see the series would do good in the U.S.A. Then again I think IYS will end on a good note. I love long series but if you start to cheapen the episodes then I don't like it.

CN didn't dubbed Inuyasha the dub is done by Viz.
I was wondering for a sec because I knew Viz does alot of dubing of series for the US market. I was never aware that CN even had their own studio for doing dubing
Quote:Originally posted by ZODDGUTS
CN didn't dubbed Inuyasha the dub is done by Viz.

Ocean Studios to be exact. They don't own their own dub studio. They just happen to outsource alot of their stuff to Ocean.
Pages: 1 2