Import Anime Forums

Full Version: are road trips boring or what
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just got back from a two week road trip today and im spent. sure it was pretty fun since we saw some cool stuff, but it was just non-stop driving and i have two brothers and there were many hours of fighting. well any way if you hate when your parents make you go on trips that you dont really want to then just give a shout out.hahahahaCool

o yeah im not really good at writing thingees i can never write them down right and i suck at it so dont get mad lol
As the dad who forces my children to go on long road trips I love going on them.

It was heartbreaking though to be at the furthest point of our road trip and have my two year old daughter crying "wanna go hoooommmme".

Maybe road trips are best as a bachelor with a few friends along for the ride. I'll never forget my Elvis road trip where we hit Tupelo, Nashville, and Graceland all in 36 hours. Those were great times.
I never had a problem with family road trips, but they are definatly better with a few good friends. Packing into a car with your buddies and letting the road take you where it may is somthing that you have to try at least once.

I just got back(well 5 1/2 months but i havent adjusted yet) from my best trip yet. Seven weeks cross counrty, complete with everything a road trip needs.
1 flat tire(NC), South of the Border tourist trap(SC), morning walk on the beach(FL), failed quest to see alligators(LA), New YEars on Burbon Street(LA), The Alamo(TX), skinnydipping in the hotel hottub after it closed(TX), driving in circles reading signs i dont untersand(Mexico), 5am soak in hot springs(NM), droping in on family unexpectadly(CA), 10am tequila, 1130, 1pm and 2pm tequila, hookers, drug dealers, tranny pickpockets(TJ, Mex), stuck in a snow bank(AZ), guided tour of natural caverns(VA), hot shave from an old time barber(VA), and finally katsucon.

Now if i could just afford to get my film developed.
Hey Wanderer... this is the first time I've noticed you in here... welcome to the forum.

I'm glad to see we have at least one other person who understands the allure of the road. I have one suggestion... switch to digital. I ditched almost all of my film equipment (I still have one film camera in case a customer demands it) earlier this year and I couldn't be happier.

I shoot way more pictures now than I ever did before and it's cool because it's all been paid for already. The only expense is the 18 cents per print it costs me to have them actually printed (which I seldom do any more).

I'm hoping the road trip to New Orleans actually happens in December. It's been over a decade since I've stumbled through those streets.
I miss road trips, It has been so long for me since I was on one. I think we are so plugged in these days we forget the raodbound adventure