Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Problems...World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay first I would like to say this is not an atempt to get more post than Steve <.< >.>

Well, seeing how there are some many things wrong in the world that make people angry, then they go out, kill there best friends & become an alcoholic *thumbs up*
Back to the subject. This may not seem like it's about anime, but when you think about it the view has a lot to do with it.
So if anyone has a problem complain on here & don't do what is explained above, because the parents shall blame the anime! And then it will be harder to get anime.

This has been a post by the complete retard, me.
(wonder how long this one will stay up)
Just another 746 to go. You can make it man. I agree. After watching Ninja Scroll I never wanted to go kill someone. I just wanted some Pepsi and chips, because I had the munchies. After watching Wicked City, the first thing I wanted to do was discuss the ending with my brother, not find some pre-pubscent girls to rape. Society itself has a huge influence, rather than anime. Peers would try and force me to do something. I can picture it now, Ranma in a trench coat "Hey kid you want to buy some e, right? Heh heh.
Hey! It could happen...
Right, nobody can trust that Rumiko Takahashi.

- Bite your tongue man!!!!
I don't know who that is, but yeah. What you said!
Rumiko Takahashi created Urusei Yatsura, Rumik Theater/World, Maison Ikkoku (my favorite series), Ranma 1/2 and the currently popular Inu Yasha.
I guess i'll have to check out some of those.
They are mostly love comedies. So if you aren't into that then it's no good for you. Though trust me, they are very good.
# of total episodes/OAVs/movies
Urusei Yatsura - 197/11/6
Maison Ikkoku - 96/10/1
Ranma 1/2 - 161/11/3 (with a fourth due out soon)
Inu Yasha - 52(?)/0/2 (still running in Japan)

Rumi World - 0/5/0
Never really heard of them. Are they R1, HK, or Fan subbed?
Urusei Yatsura - R1 from Animeigo
Ranma 1/2 - R1 from VIZ, rip fromFX
Maison Ikkoku - VHS from VIZ, HK from Manga International (great set)
Inu Yasha - R1 from VIZ, HK from Manga International
Rumik Theater - out of print VHS from US Manga Corps (1 from VIZ)

Are you new to anime?
I've been meaning to get Maison Ikkoku, how is it Steve??
It's great. The HK set rocks, Check out my review. The series is so much fun and in each episode something for the overall good/bad of the possible romance happens. It's 96 episodes long but it ends so quickly. The show has some filler episodes, but those are extremely fun. If you like love comedies, then definately check it out. ^_^ I can't say enough good things about the series. Big Grin
Also check out the FX Ranma 1/2 Set if you haven't already. Great R1 Rip. That means it includes the superior dub. :mrgreen:
I could never get into Maison Ikkoku at all (pardon my spelling). It felt like the same thing happened (or a variation of such) each episode. After a couple of volumes, I could not watch it anymore. A friend joked with me that all you needed to watch was the first couple of episodes and the last couple of episodes and then you would be all set Tongue
I would highly disagree. The middle episodes vary. Several other suitors/lovers are thrown into the mix. I don't watch anime for the ending either. I watch it all the way through. In a sense it is like Marmalade Boy, you follow the heart break and triumph. Remember this was on TV to entertain. Wait till you see the episode in which Kintaro thinks Yotsuya is a ghost hilarious. Or the episode in which the folks put on clothes from their past and parade around Ikkoku drunk as hell. No to mention Kyoko and Godai's "first date" at Ma Mazon, very nice. What about Kyoko and Godai's "date" in which they are followed by the rest of the Ikkoku gang. One thing I like about the series is that it is sweet and even naive rather than a depressing Marmalade Boy. Instead of watching Miki crying (once again) I like seeing Godai ponder his loses with a hand print on his face. The series is quite animated, in the sense that it can be far fetched. Yotsuya ramming through the wall with a huge telephone pole. However there is a sweet message towards the end, of finding the good in someone. After watching all of the episodes you become way more attached to the characters (like Fushigi Yugi). Maybe I'm just a crazed fan boy but I would say to give Maison Ikkoku a chance, it is definately worth it. :wink:
Pages: 1 2 3 4