Import Anime Forums

Full Version: Akira British R2 Limited Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone got the Akira R2 that is in a black box? I read that it was LE but I got it off a friend but went to watch it only to realise its only got dubtitles! Complete with sound effects and word for word dub script... Anyone else got it? I searched the net and everywhere seems to just say eng subs and not a mention of dubtitles... I'd be SO pissed if I actually paid money for this! Is it just my set or something?
Not sure about the subs but i saw a 4 disk edition for sale and thought it was major overkill. Not sure what on earth they put on it.
Thats the one that has the original dub they made first on aswell as the new version... I might get it but I want to make sure it doesnt have dubtitles first...
is that the one in a hard box and it contains easter eggs. I dont get how ud find them tho.
Talking of R2 anime releases, does anyone know if the 10th anniversery box set of ninja scroll is uncut? i got the first DVD release and it was missing some stuff from the region 1.
If something got cut by censors you can always check here http://www.bbfc.co.uk/ they are the British Board of Film Classification and they have a page for every video release ever in the UK and it says if something got cut or not... I did a Ninja Scroll search and Im not sure if its what you mean but there are bits cut from some Ninja Scroll titles... Could just be the manufacturer though... BBFC are assholes! They even cut stuff thats been shown on TV for video releases! I mean we've already seen it on TV!